Is Aeromaster Mitsubishi interior green a good match for Ki-46 interior green?

28ZComeback

Greetings comrades, 

I was matching a batch of Ki-46 green when I happened upon two ancient bottles of Aeromaster Mitsubishi Interior Green. Does anyone know if this paint is a match for Ki-46 “interior” green?? Thank you 

Hi mate,

The short answer is not really, but the follow-up is "Are you building a -II or a -III?" I built both together and initially painted the interior of both in the IJA interior colour used on some surviving original parts in Australia which was a colour I believe was translated into English as "Ash Indigo" which as the name suggests is a dark grey with a fairly strong blue component. Nick Millman of the Aviation of Japan blog was kind enough to advise that this was correct for a Ki-46-II but for the KI-46-III the interior colour was more likely to be a paler greenish yellow which I mixed from Mitsubishi Interior Green and Interior Buff Green and repainted accordingly.

I recommend the Aviation of Japan blog to you, for specific information a search on google of say "Aviation of Japan Ki-46 colour" is probably the easiest way to find what you are looking for as the blog has been going for years.

If you just want a quick look to eyeball the approximate colours for yourself, have a read (and there are links to some of the Aviation of Japan articles at the end):

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1