Amodel 1/72 Tu-126 Moss

Pete, you definitely need a bigger shed because that is a cracking model.  Top class work.

I take my hat off to the guys who build models of this size - as its something that I would never do myself, its great to see them actually built up and looking so good.

Superb paintwork and weathering - you can tell the amount of effort that has gone into that.

Phil

• Thanks 1

Hi Pete -so you're still at it with the big Russian stuff!?! Lovely job (as usual) on the Moss - always like seeing your builds!

Hello from Norfolk and welcome to the forums - looking forward to seeing some of your other stuff posted (Mil-10, could it be?)😉

ATB
Rick

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond.

Hi Rick, long time no see my friend, hope you are keeping well. Yes still making the biguns with some smaller stuff in between or alongside. Had some interest from the guys to see some more so the Mil-10 will probably appear at some time. Tu-134 SH next when I get some photos. (I Dream of Norfolk).

Being new to forum conversations I'm still trying to see how to answer people so that  the dialogue box appears against their specific post. I've seen it in other threads but don't know how to do it. Any pointers? or is it happening automatically and I don't see it.

Cheers

Pete

9 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

or is it happening automatically and I don't see it.

If you mean like this Pete, highlight the text you want to quote and a 'quote selection' box appears - click that and it will appear in a box like the above in a new reply box. You can do that multiple times in one reply if you want. 

HTH :)

Keith

• Thanks 2

Incredible work here! Panel effect and weathering are simply superb. And I second other people here - hats off to those fellows who attempt models of this size. Something I would personally not be ready to attempt even in 1/144...

P.S. Tu-126 is a very beautiful plane by all means. It's using Tu-114 fuselage rather than narrow Tu-95 body. This makes the beast much more proportionately balanced.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

If you mean like this Pete, highlight the text you want to quote and a 'quote selection' box appears - click that and it will appear in a box like the above in a new reply box. You can do that multiple times in one reply if you want.

Thanks Keith, your a star.👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kev67 said:

Terrific model, I am sure I have seen your other models at a few shows, Milton Keynes maybe

Thank you. Yes you're right, I try to do a couple of shows a year with the Swindon club, usually MK and the one at Avon. Sadly not this year. Lets hope we can all be back at the shows next year.🤞

Cheers

Pete

That thing is INSANE! What an awesome build, congratulations to you. I don't think I have ever seen a model of that plane, especially not in 1/72. I mean, think about it, you see a billion Spitfires a day on the internet and in 20 years I have never seen this.

Fantastic work!

• Thanks 1

On 18/07/2020 at 03:55, bianfuxia said:

That thing is INSANE! What an awesome build, congratulations to you. I don't think I have ever seen a model of that plane, especially not in 1/72. I mean, think about it, you see a billion Spitfires a day on the internet and in 20 years I have never seen this

Thank you. I think there are probably still a few  Moss's out there in peoples stashes, however I think the physical size of the finished article may prevent them from being built. I love Amodel kits big or small, always interesting hard to come by subjects.