Bellanca J 300

Good day, colleagues.
      My next craft from the Ukrainian company DORA WINGS. Model aircraft Bellanca J 300V. It was done within two months, the set is not complicated, it is easy to assemble. I liked the decals very much, usually I always have problems with them. Tidied up a bit with the interior. I didn’t get dirty, I think, the Adamovich brothers bought it in excellent condition. He painted as usual with paints Mr.Hobby, Valejio.
Happy viewing.
 Below is an article from the Internet about the Adamovich brothers, maybe someone will like it.
Sincerely, Mikhail.
 In 1931, Bellanca Aircraft Corporation built another aircraft for long-distance flights that received the designation Bellanca Special J-300. It was a rework of the CH-300 Peacemaker - instead of the passenger compartment, a large fuel tank was installed, and the power plant was replaced with a 300-horsepower Wright Whirlwind.
The first aircraft (NR797W) named "Liberty" was intended for a flight from Newfoundland to Copenhagen. The pilots failed to fly to Denmark and the car landed in Germany after flying 32 hours.
In 1933, two Polish expats Boleslav and Jozef Adamowicz (Bolesław i Józef Adamowiczowie) bought the NR797W for a flight to Poland. The plane beckoned to the name "Warsaw". Only on the second attempt, in June 1934, did the flight from Newfoundland through Normandy to Warsaw take place. LOPP buys J-30
The story of the two Aviator brothers Adamovich, born on Belarusian soil and in 1934 made a flight from the United States to Europe, is worth knowing about it. At that time, the passage along the transatlantic route was a very dangerous enterprise, so the lucky ones who reached the final point of the path were revered as national heroes. Probably because there were very few who wanted to risk their own lives. And among ethnic Belarusians, besides them, before the advent of jet aircraft there was no one - neither before nor after. Osip (1893g.) And Boleslav (1898g.) Adamovichs were born in the village of Yankovschina in the Vilejščyna.

“My brother and I were the most ordinary people who were interested in everything related to aviators. It seemed to us that their life is full of interesting events and adventures. Our father's name was Julian Adamovich. He owned a farm located 40km east of Vileyka, about 70km north of Minsk. The mother, who, unfortunately, had long died, was called Anna. In early childhood, grandfather Luka Adamovich still lived, who loved us very much and often played.

The family had three sons - Bronislav (the eldest), Osip and I, as well as my sister - Maria. The farm consisted of several hectares of arable land and forest land called Paseki and Bereznyaki. Somewhere in the middle of this territory was a house. Two guys were constantly working for my father. Two girls helped in the house, and two more grazed cattle. We had four horses, pieces of 25 cows, 15 pigs and 30 sheep. People from the village were additionally hired for sowing and harvesting events. They spoke Polish among themselves, and Belarusian with the workers. Both languages were well spoken by all family members. I went to elementary school in the town of Kraisk, and the parish church was in Olkovichi. On Sundays we went to services. Fairs and bazaars were held in Kraisk and Dolginovo, ”Boleslav Adamovich recalled.

While the youngest of the brothers was studying, the middle one worked at the post office, and also attended telegraph courses in Minsk. Bronislav served as an officer in the Russian Imperial Army. After the outbreak of war with Japan, he refused to go to the front and sent the emperor a letter of resignation, which was granted. After that, he emigrated to the United States and settled in Brooklyn.

In 1907, Osip followed the elder brother overseas. They worked at the Arbockler Brothers sugar factory and sent some of the money they earned home. For several years they managed to transfer about one thousand dollars to Belarus. In 1911, Boleslav also went to the United States, but Bronislav, on the contrary, returned to his homeland.

Business overseas

After the end of the Soviet-Polish war and the arrangement of a new border between the states, the Adamovich estate in the Vilejščyna remained on the territory of the BSSR, which forced Bronislaw and his family to return to the States. In the USSR, "on the farm" was sister Maria. After a short time, she was "dispossessed" and all property nationalized.

Overseas, on the contrary, things were going very well. In 1918, Boleslav (Ben) and Osip (John) Adamovich founded a company in New York for the production of carbonated drinks and soda water. Business brought good money. Looking ahead a bit, we note that later this entrepreneurial activity will lead them to the dock.

Somewhere in 1928, successful businessmen from Belarus decided to fulfill their childhood dream and take up aviation professionally. For a few thousand dollars, they purchased a Waco biplane and began to learn the art of piloting. It should be noted that at that time many dreamed of becoming aviators and performing feats in heaven. In the USSR, almost every pilot was a national hero. In Western Europe, pilots did not swim

only in the rays of glory, but also in money.

One of the brothers came up with the idea of flying across the Atlantic Ocean. If successful, they could be the first ethnic Belarusians to fly from New York to Paris by air. It was a very dangerous undertaking, which earlier quite often ended in tragedy. The Adamovichs acquire the powerful and fast Bellanca J300 aircraft and begin preparations for the flight. At the same time, they continue to participate in various aviation shows in the United States, and invest all the prize money in their new venture.

Adamovichi against the backdrop of the Bellanca J300 aircraft Photo: airwar.ru

As a result, money for the radio station and autopilot was still not enough. I had to rely only on the gyrocompass. On June 28, 1934, natives of Belarus took off from an airfield near New York and headed for Newfoundland. The next day they flew to Europe.

National heroes

We walked at an altitude of 4000 meters above the clouds under good weather conditions. It seemed that the flight would pass without problems. However, the plane was icy, and had to be reduced to 1200 meters. Chatterbox. Strong headwind. Fuel resulting from a damaged gas tank. When the pilots successfully landed in Normandy, there was no longer any fuel in the tanks. They just planned the last minutes.

Adamovichi plane landed in Warsaw Photo: upload.wikimedia.org

The French welcomed the "Americans" cordially and received them at the highest level. Then they flew to Poland, but due to a breakdown they made an emergency landing in Germany. Another flight and its national heroes solemnly meets Warsaw. Ben and John were received by the country's prime minister and presented high state awards. Then there were trips to Polish cities, many meetings, honors and glory. All this time, the Adamovichs dreamed of visiting their historic homeland, which one could already reach with their hand.
 Journey of the Adamovich brothers' motorcade in Warsaw Photo: audiovis.nac.gov.pl

In Belarus

In March 1921, under the terms of the Riga Peace Treaty, a significant part of the territory of Belarus was transferred to Poland. Hometowns of the brothers-aviators were "on the border of civilizations." From Vilno Adamovichi went to Olkovichi and visited the very church in which they went as children with their parents. Here they were caught up by unexpected news - American pilots are officially invited to visit the Soviet Union. The Intourist Agency prepared a program for them to stay in the "first worker-peasant state." On August 13, 1934, the brothers visited the Embassy of the USSR in Warsaw. We filled out the necessary documents and a few weeks later drove up to the Columns.

Brothers Boleslav (with a bouquet on the left) and Osip (with a bouquet on the right) Adamovichi in the company of the US Ambassador to Poland (John Cudah - in a light suit in a ruler), Vice President of Warsaw Józef Opinsky (in a dark suit with a mustache), General Lyudomil Rajsky ( stands behind Boleslav) Photo: upload.wikimedia.org

“The train passengers recognized eminent guests and admired their courage. The news of the arrival of the aviators quickly spread throughout the town. The train to Soviet Russia was supposed to leave only after 4 hours. The local authorities in the person of the head of the railway station, Mr. Moshchinsky, the commandant of the garrison, Captain Pachkowski and the town headman Vezhbitsky, arranged a reception for the national heroes on the highest level ... ”, one of the Polish publications of that time wrote.

Boleslav and Osip were invited to the reception hall in the station building and treated to a chic dinner. Before leaving for the Soviet Union, the famous pilots took pictures with the residents of Stolbtsov as a keepsake.

In Moscow, the pilots stayed for several days, during which they were patronized by employees of the Polish embassy. Due to the fact that eminent guests wanted to visit their native places, they were allowed to leave for Minsk and were given the necessary documents to be in the Soviet border zone.

By car, American pilots got to Kraisk, where they visited their native places and saw their sister Mary. Previously, her house was filled with a variety of products, and the economy - with cows, pigs and chickens. The regional authorities were ordered to create another “Potemkin village” in order to form a favorable impression on the life of collective farmers in the USSR in the West. The border guards, whose outpost was in Kraisk, “walked on their ears”: foreigners from the United States walked freely in the secret zone, into which far from every Soviet citizen was allowed.

The impression of the native land, divided by the border, depressed aviators. At the beginning of the twentieth century, they left the territory of the Russian Empire, and in the 1930s they arrived at a birthplace, parts of which already belonged to different states and worldviews. In fairness, it must be said that at that time only a few had the opportunity to visit on both sides of the demarcation line. Before returning, the brothers considered the possibility of acquiring a land allotment in Vilenshchyna with the prospect of remaining in Poland, but this never came to that.

Some of the old-timers remember how in the mid-

in Olkovichi came some famous personalities "all the way from America", which " personally, Stalin allowed to go to relatives outside the cordon."

Return to the ocean

The session ended. Adamowicz returned to Poland, sold the plane to the youth organization "LOPP" and left for the United States. There are several versions about the future fate of this car. According to one of them, during the fighting in September 1939, it was used as an air ambulance. It was shot down at Brest and included in the list of numerous German trophies.

After returning to the US, Ben and John learned that the us attorney's office had searched their factory and found that the owners were engaged in illegal alcohol production. At this time, the United States had a "dry law" and such activities were a serious crime. Shadow business was usually controlled by the mafia.

I must say that there is nothing sverhordinarnogo Adamovici not invented. They stupidly drove moonshine from potatoes, and" waste products " recklessly accumulated on the territory of the factory. Not to waste the same good. Operational information about this, as an inevitable consequence, reached the law enforcement authorities.

In December 1934, the Brooklyn district court charged all three Adamovich brothers with illegal alcohol production. There were several processes. They failed to get out of it, and each received 15 months in Federal prison.

After the liberation, aviation legends became bankrupt and earned a living by working in various small businesses. During world war II, Ben and Joe served in auxiliary units of the American army. Bronislaw died in 1941. Joseph died in 1970. Nine years later, Boleslav also died. References to them disappeared from Belarusian history much earlier.

Link to the article https://freesmi-by.livejournal.com/1321138.html

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Great model! Wonderful detail and great photography. Really appreciate a model with a historical background!

Interesting what you have done with the interior, but I'm not sure why you have deviated from the colour scheme instructions given in the kit, which are correct and were the result of a lengthy debate between myself and a guy from Poland (we are credited in the instructions).  Earlier attempts at depicting the colour scheme of this aircraft were a result of misinterpreting the orthochromatic film used in most of the photos.  The colours on the box art picture are absolutely correct. 

Wings (upper and lower surface), struts and vertical tail were medium blue. Nose and horizontal tail were red. Fuselage, (including the bottom) was white. There is a  thin white stripe on the leading edge of the wings and all struts, including the landing gear.

Now, Dora Wings have got some of their other Bellanca colour schemes wrong, but this one was correct....

7 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

Интересно, что вы сделали с интерьером, но я не уверен, почему вы отклонились от инструкций цветовой схемы, приведенных в комплекте, которые являются правильными и были результатом длительной дискуссии между мной и парнем из Польши (мы зачислено в инструкции). Более ранние попытки изобразить цветовую схему этого самолета были результатом неправильной интерпретации ортохроматической пленки, использованной в большинстве фотографий. Цвета на картинке коробки абсолютно правильные. 

Крылья (верхняя и нижняя поверхность), стойки и вертикальный хвост были средне-голубыми. Нос и горизонтальный хвост были красными. Фюзеляж (включая днище) был белого цвета. На передней кромке крыльев и всех стоек, включая шасси, есть тонкая белая полоса.

Теперь, у Крыльев Доры есть некоторые другие их цветовые схемы Bellanca, но это было правильно ....

Thank you, I read a lot of literature about the color and decided on this option. Maybe I'm wrong, but the construction is already finished, too late to repaint. The only thing I'm not sure about is the blue color of the bottom of the fuselage. Sincerely, Mikhailspacer.pngspacer.png

13 hours ago, runik12 said:

The only thing I'm not sure about is the blue color of the bottom of the fuselage. Sincerely, Mikhail

The bottom of the fuselage was white:

BellancaWarsaw20.png

You can also see from this picture the struts are the same colour as the wings/vertical tail and the horizontal tail is the same colour as the nose and wheels.   This photo is one of the few taken with more modern type of film which gives an 'accurate' impression of the colours.  There was only one blue colour on the plane, but  because of the film type,most of the photos make it look like a sky blue rather than medium blue as shown here. They also make the red look black. 

On 12.07.2020 at 00:45, Roger Holden said:

Нижняя часть фюзеляжа была белой:

BellancaWarsaw20.png

Вы также можете видеть из этой картинки, что стойки имеют тот же цвет, что и крылья / вертикальный хвост, а горизонтальный хвост имеет тот же цвет, что и нос и колеса. Эта фотография является одной из немногих, снятых с использованием более современного типа пленки, которая дает «точное» представление о цветах. На самолете был только один синий цвет, но из-за типа пленки на большинстве фотографий он выглядит как голубой, а не как средний синий, как показано здесь. Они также заставляют красный выглядеть черным. 

Good afternoon. I couldn't answer right away, I'm sorry. You are right, I have not been scrupulous enough about the historical coloring of the prototype, but now, unfortunately, it is too late . Sincerely, Mikhail

On 12.07.2020 at 01:29, kapam said:

Выдающаяся модель и захватывающая история!

Шкала 1/72 или 1/48?

Превосходное мастерство в каждом аспекте!

👍👍👍 

Thank you, this is 72 scale. I couldn't answer before. Sincerely, Mikhail

On 12.07.2020 at 20:44, Moa said:

Хорошо сложенная модель и отличный интерьер!

Поздравляем!

А также очень приятно видеть гражданскую модель!

В тайнике у меня есть комплект Dora Wings, но ранее я построил и разместил здесь четыре модели, сделанные из вакуумного набора Khee-Kha Art Products.

On 13.07.2020 at 16:26, Dric said:

Красивый, я люблю это

Браво!

On 13.07.2020 at 20:06, toniosky said:

Красивая модель!

Thank you, colleagues. Sincerely, Mikhail

11.07.2020 в 15:00 TEXANTOMCAT сказал:

Очень мило на самом деле! Умное фото! 

TT

11.07.2020 в 20:14 Вульфман сказал:

Отличная сборка, отличное моделирование!

Wulfman

Спасибо, коллеги. С уважением, Михаил