Martin Baker Meteor

tonywood

Cam anyone advise which MB ejector seat is fitted in the pilots cockpits of the two Martin Baker Meteors Wl419 and WA638.

Also any photos of the instrument panel would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance. 

Tony

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 8:53 PM, tonywood said:

Cam anyone advise which MB ejector seat is fitted in the pilots cockpits of the two Martin Baker Meteors Wl419 and WA638.

Also any photos of the instrument panel would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance. 

Tony

You meant Gloster Meteor used by Martin-Baker?

They would have been testing each new improved seats, anywhere from the Mk.1 to the Mk.10 or even later models. I don't think they were limited to the same one seat all the time. If building a model kit, you could have Mk.1 or Mk.2 or Mk.3, or whichever seat you chose, up until the last time they used those planes for testing ejector seats. I can't find out what was the last ejector seat model they tested.

Try Google Gloster Meteor WA638 and check the result...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=-LcKX-ifKtuIjLsPsviFqAs&q=Gloster+Meteor+WA638&oq=Gloster+Meteor+WA638&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIGCAAQFhAeUJsLWJsLYOYmaABwAHgAgAFXiAFXkgEBMZgBAKABAqABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjo-7ntlMfqAhVbBGMBHTJ8AbUQ4dUDCAw&uact=5#spf=1594537983049

Also try Google Gloster Meteor WI419.

As I recall, the pilot's ejection seat was generally the latest version in production, and was changed pretty regularly. Might I suggest you go to  here , and ask Martin Baker directly?

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, tonywood said:

A very quick trawl shows to me that WL419 looks to have a Mk8 seat (same as used in RAF Tucanos) installed when seen at RNAS Yeovilton in summer of 2017, with WA638 similarly equipped in 2018.

Mark.

• Like 1