Hi from the UK

Fnick

Hi all

Ā 

I've recently joined this site and have been enjoying following some vehicle logs. I'm in the middle of my second wooden ship model but wanted to actually complete a second model in my lifetime!šŸ˜€ So I'd thought I'd go back to trying my hand at plastic modelling.

Ā 

My best man gave me the Airfix Austin Martin db5 as a 40th birthday present a few years ago so I thought I'd give it a go. I used it to get back into plastic modelling as I really wanted to do a classic American 50s car. I had my eye on the Revell cadillac Eldorado but hadn't realised they were not sold anymore ā˜¹ļø. So my next choice was an AMT Chrysler 300c but that took so long to arrive given the current situation that I bought a Revell Ford mustang 2+2 in the meantime. Should be starting a build log soon as I've got a few questions...šŸ˜

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Nick

Ā 

• Like 1

Thanks Steve. Bit of a heads up the dashboard gets glued to the bottom of the front windshield and not where the instructions say so... You'll see why when you try a dry fit with the car body!

Ā 

Nick

• Like 1

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum, Iā€™ve built and completed one wooden ship (in the completed section of the ships parts of the forum if your interested)Ā and like you, Iā€™m building my second, but itā€™s very, very slow and Iā€™ve been distracted by plastic lately. I prefer civilian vehicles especially the Tamiya bike kits, but at the moment Iā€™ve gone over to the dark side and building a Fairey Swordfish kit. Iā€™d love to see your wooden boats.

Regards Ian

• Like 1

Thanks Ian!

Ā 

Heres a link to my completed Bluenose fishing schooner on MSW (ModelShipWorld)

Ā 

https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/563-bluenose-by-fnick/

Ā 

And a link to my current build Le Mirage

Ā 

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/6357-le-mirage-by-fnick-corel-175-wood/page/4/

Ā 

Yes these wooden boats can take quite a bit of time! I'll certainly take a peek at your completed model.

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Nick

• Like 2

Ā 

Hi Nick, here is a link to my first wooden model,Ā Iā€™ve just had a look at the links that you sent ...... wow, thatā€™s great work indeed, I absolutely love them. I donā€™t want to double your work with the other forum, but it would be great to see a ā€œwork in progressā€ on the second model On this forum, she looks superb. Keep up the great work, Iā€™ve now been shamed into looking at getting back back to my second kit .....

Thanks and regards Ian

• Like 1

Cheers for the compliment Ian. I had a look at your completed build and looks really good. In a sense I wished I had done a smaller boat as it would have sped up progress!

I have no problems about starting a build log for Le Mirage here as I can easily copy from one forum to the other. Might be a while before I do that though as free time is somewhat limited at the mo!

Ā 

Nick

• Like 1