British Airways Concorde, Revell 1:144

1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Neat to see the comparison. Does anyone know if Halford's white is available outside UK?

It's a shame, but Halfords have this on this website:

"We can deliver your order to addresses in the UK, but unfortunately we're unable to deliver to non-UK destinations (such as the Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, BFPO addresses and PO boxes) at this time."

I couldn't bring my supply back to the UK with me when I moved, because the shipping company refused to take spray paints as "hazardous".

I had big Ikea bags full of spray paints and glues that I had built up over the years, but I ended up giving it away to a coworker whose son was getting into modelling.

I can't get sprays shipped across the U.S. border for the same reasons, it can be shipped by truck no problem. I have to get a store to bring it in unless I find something here already.  I have somekind of appliance white but wonder if it stays white over the long term. Also don't know yet what kind of nozzle it has.

4 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I can't get sprays shipped across the U.S. border for the same reasons, it can be shipped by truck no problem. I have to get a store to bring it in unless I find something here already.  I have somekind of appliance white but wonder if it stays white over the long term. Also don't know yet what kind of nozzle it has.

Hopefully it's a similar formulation - the appliance white that I have used from Halfords has stayed brilliant white on my builds from 7 or 8 years ago.

Where I have used brush paint to touch up some models, it has yellowed badly in comparison.

I have some other models that have yellowed, but I'm not sure if it's the varnish instead of the paint.

• Thanks 1

Stunning model of one of the most beautiful aircraft to ever fly.  Perfect job with the decals, especially the cheat line - how were the tail decals to apply, some quite tricky curves there?

I have just bought one from fleabay for £12 and as I like both liveries will be doing Chatham on one side and Landor on the other (I only plan on ever building the one Concorde).  Will also be wheels up, nose up and on a stand.

Great tip on the appliance white as well - I think that I already have a can knocking around in the garage.

Well done buddy,

Phil

21 minutes ago, Booty003 said:

Stunning model of one of the most beautiful aircraft to ever fly.  Perfect job with the decals, especially the cheat line - how were the tail decals to apply, some quite tricky curves there?

I have just bought one from fleabay for £12 and as I like both liveries will be doing Chatham on one side and Landor on the other (I only plan on ever building the one Concorde).  Will also be wheels up, nose up and on a stand.

Great tip on the appliance white as well - I think that I already have a can knocking around in the garage.

Well done buddy,

Phil

The tail decals are actually very easy to apply.

There is a small oval shaped decal to cover the rudder actuator fairing to apply first, and a larger decal for the flag that has a cutout for the fairing.  

There's also a cutout for the small antenna on the vertical stabilizer, which needs to be carefully put over the antenna to prevent tearing the decal.  This antenna needs to be painted blue after the decals are applied.

The decals are very thin and conform nicely to the contours.

The cheatline was by far the most difficult part, especially trying to get each side to line up at the back, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

The double-livery concept sounds great!  

Did you get the Revell version?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Booty003 said:

Cheers bud.  Yes, the Revell version.  It is a surprisingly large model for 1/144.

It is!

Here's one next to the 1:72 model:

IMG_2304

• Like 1