Airfix Blenheim Mk I 1/48

Hi all,

Managed to finish this off finally.  Failed to keep up to date with the build log in the WIP area. Oh well, next time.

Pretty much as it come out the box.  Well apart from the Xtradecals markings for an early bomber version; the Brengun Vickers VGO gun; Eduard seat belts. Think that was it.  Oh, and the Eduard masking set (inside and out!) that was fun.

No issues with the build.  Lots of detail that will never be seen again.  Shame. 

The black is Alclad primer, good old Humbrol 29 for the dark earth and Colour coats dark green (lovely stuff).

On to the photos, comments welcome as ever

Tim

oceVszI.jpg

myoLopX.jpg

jItjWOZ.jpg

RhJaf71.jpg

uIIQ14M.jpg

fvFt2zm.jpg

Z2gdjf9.jpg

iEnCKc3.jpg

98C29Sl.jpg

C0jUiqj.jpg

Jv75Aif.jpg

WMQ0jiY.jpg

• Like 56

On 7/14/2020 at 10:22 PM, Buzby061 said:

Great looking Blenheim. Having built one I’d say that the Eduard masks are a must. 

Pete

Normally I go the masochistic route and use strips of masking tape, but in this case the eduard set probably saved my sanity 🙂 (whats left of it)

Tim

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Lovely job. I’m building one of these at the moment. I’m especially impressed with how you have faired the canopy in, do it doesn’t look like a separate piece which is something I’m aiming to get right with mine . Bravo 

Bruce 

On 5/31/2021 at 1:43 PM, pacificmustang said:

Lovely job. I’m building one of these at the moment. I’m especially impressed with how you have faired the canopy in, do it doesn’t look like a separate piece which is something I’m aiming to get right with mine . Bravo 

Bruce 

I'm trying to remember how I did it, but plenty of non fogging super glue came into it.  Just found some old photos. I joined fusalage, masked inside and out on glass and painted interior.  Then glued each half on in turn getting as best a fit as I could.  Some trimming was required to get a good fit. Plenty of test fitting needed.

Don't forget to take the interior masking off lower down that is hard to reach before glueing.  That caused me some head scrathing 😉

Tim

• Like 1