Spitfire Sextuplet

Going to give it a good go anyway; six Spits from 603 Sqn based at RAF Hornchurch. All Airfix, all in 1/72,  using Xtradecal and Ventura decals for codes and serials.

Plan to add XT-A, XT-B, XT-E, XT-H, XT-O, and XT-P, to the four I already have (XT-M, XT-R, XT-W, XT-Y).

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

:) Ian 

• Like 18

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 5:09 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I hope you have a heck of an organising system. I have six builds on going but everyone is a different aircraft. 

Happily, they are all the same kit, otherwise I would lost my rag a long time ago! :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Got this one in, just under the Chain Home! 

Posted pics in the gallery of six Airfix Spits in 72nd scale, of 603 Sqn , RAF Hornchurch.

XT-A L1070. XT-B N3050. XT-E R6752. XT-H N3288. XT-O X4163. XT-P X4274.

They have the black spinners, and are joined in this picture by previous builds: XT-M X4277. XT-R X4348. XT-W R6835. XT-Y R6626. with grey spinners.

spacer.png

I`ve been lurking about the GB and it`s been excellent, what a brilliant show! :thumbsup: :cheers:

A fitting tribute, Cheers all!!

Ian

• Like 4

On 10/31/2020 at 7:25 PM, Cookenbacher said:

Wow, an entire squadron, well done!

Thank you. I came across the same foibles in all six kits, so whiles number one was a bit trial and error, the remaining five were a breeze.

First time I`ve done a GB in a while; a deadline isn`t a bad KUTA once in a while.

Cheers, Ian :thumbsup:

• Like 1