1/48 GRUMMAN F11F-1 TIGER

Hello

The Fonderie Minature kit is great as long as you don't try to build it.😆  There is plastic with beautiful fish skins, resin, white metal, vaccu, photoeach and decals. I was almost ready to smack him against the wall a few times.🤬

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Thanks for looking and greetings from Switzerland

Martin

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, barracuda67 said:

Fonderie Minature kit

That's a fantastic result and as it's from a FM kit the result is a minor miracle.

You must be a damn good modeller (or magician). 

Beautiful. If any aircraft was screaming out for a modern rendition in 1/48, this is it. A vibrant new market for Airfix, before HobbyBoss or someone goes there. (What is that echo!?)

Don't you just hate it when a model company produces a monster in a box? Nevertheless, your model is beautiful and replicates the real airplane very nicely.

Very good that you did not smack it against the wall, as it turned out to be a really nice model. Not so many F11 Tigers of this quality seen around, so this is a real eyecatcher.

Every once in a while I look in the box of a short run kit and think EBay, and that's the end of it.  But you tackled this and it turned out fantastic.  Not sure why this has never shown up as a main line mfg kit but it should.  Maybe the model kit gods required your sacrifice and now that you completed it we will see an announcement of one of these in the pipeline.  I really appreciate the work required to achieve a superb model like yours out of the FM kit, great job!

• 3 years later...

Hello, everyone,

Can anybody help me with finding photos of the F11F-1 Long Nose with the following units:

F11F-1 LN with the VF-51 (July 58);

F11F-1 LN with the VF-24 (Dec 58) or / and with the VF-211 (Mar 59);

F11F-1 LN with the VF-111/ VA-156 (Dec 59)?

Any pointers where I can find such photos? I saw some graphic images/artworks done on some of the F11F-1s with these units/squadrons but cannot find the photos that might be used by an artist to base his artworks on... 

Please help?

And yes, we also developing the F11F-1 Long Nose kit: https://www.facebook.com/people/DBMK-Model-Kits/100084846155184/ 

- It was a dog of a kit, it deserved better treaments by the kit industry, as far as I remenber the first and ony reproduction of this beatifull looking jet, was from Lindberg. Idon't remember if it was the short or long nose version- Owing to the period, the late fifties it could have been the short in Blue Angels colors I those days Iwas an inconditionnal of Buck DANNY

- Yours is simply magnificent....

5zmZgf.jpg