Hello everyone... Hoping its a good Friday morning and everyone is Safe and Healthy ? Id like to present to you one of the five completed builds this week. This one was for the Journey’s end group build, and is the first WW2 Japanese aircraft I have built since the mid 1980’s. It is the Tamiya 1/72 Kawasaki Ki.61 Hien in the markings of 2nd Lieutenant Shinzo Takashima of the 244th Fighter group (Sentai). Its a beautiful kit that requires almost no filler, what little I used is more likely related to my construction than the kits design. 8dFTzdS.jpg

bvOtZoc.jpg

16Ihn2y.jpg

Fv2jKEz.jpg

yIkTwzJ.jpg

J4NyozQ.jpg

LmS1MmN.jpg

hpsKAOy.jpg

7Sf4WKF.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. I will add the link to the build if anyone would like to view it. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235072249-tony-the-mistaken-italian/

Dennis

• Like 25

38 minutes ago, rob85 said:

That’s an absolute cracker, great work Dennis!

Rob

24 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Lovley job mate,the camo looks fantastic...

23 minutes ago, Ron Pearcy said:

Nice job, excellent work on thr camouflage. 

7 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Wow, thats lovely!

Thanks guys ... Wish I could take credit for that but those are the Tamiya Mottle Camouflage decals designed for the kit. They're a great little bit of kit that you can get extra for a few $ more. 

• Like 2

Very nice indeed!

They say this is a kit that is well worth the price (and my preferred scale of 1/72).

Your result certainly inspires.  Well done.

👍👍

• Thanks 1

Hello, mate -

Lovely little model you have created there - good work on mottle camoflage effect as I guess that was tricky to do.

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

Excellent build and camo' work on the Tony. Has to be the best looking airplane Japan produced during the war.

• Thanks 1