halfords rattle cans

Folkbox1

I'm building a 1:1 working scale model 😊 ukulele from a kit.  been thinking that automotive paint from a rattle can from halfords might give a hard wearing finish. Back, sides and back only.  

I have wood primer, water based will the halfords paint work ok on this combination of wood, primer and automotive paint

I was pondering the same for a Base from a kit too ;-).

I reckon it'd be ok.

I think a thin coat first and a good smoothing over with a sanding pad, then a few coats of their normal rattle cans should produce a pretty tough paint job.

HTH,

Rick.

Before over painting any wood, including MDF, give it a coat of two of thinned PVA glue.

I use the cheap PVA out of Poundland thinned with 'Astonish' floor 'polish' (an acrylic varnish) which makes it waterproof when dry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Before over painting any wood, including MDF, give it a coat of two of thinned PVA glue.

I use the cheap PVA out of Poundland thinned with 'Astonish' floor 'polish' (an acrylic varnish) which makes it waterproof when dry

Ah yes, forgot to say I gave it a coat of PVA before starting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I also forgot that bit too!

Oops.

Rick.