Hasegawa 1:48 Hurricane !!C

50093875237_3a39b2014c_b.jpg

This is my 1/48 Hasegawa Hurricane IIC with an Aires Mk22 engine they do for a Lancaster but its close to a  MkXX used in the Hurricane, Aires tail surfaces, some quick boost cannon barrels and a fuel tank made for an Airfix mk1 hurricane

The rest is OTB but i did use a vacuum form canopy so i could pose it open. No one really does a detail set like this and i wanted something to sit along side my Spit MkIX that had an Aires detail set fitted

49889998632_3a38e8eeb5_b.jpg

Pretty straight forward TBH, everything fits well except the wing to fuselage joint underneath and i didn't make a lot of effort to get that right as its just wrong :) 

this my third lockdown build and third for Ten years so i am getting to find my way again and trying to remember all those little jems I picked up along the way years ago, as a newbie back i have already discovered  the ULTRA glue for PE..thats a huge step forward in its self.

Next up is either a Hellcat with full resin detail kit i picjkled up half price on the net or an Airfix mustang that i thought i might try and cover in  BMF for the hell of it :)

Thanks for looking

Spec

50093642576_feaf67d998_b.jpg

50093874997_c8f63dbb69_b.jpg

50093059988_a52aeb9d8d_b.jpg

50093059918_5b59744afe_b.jpg

50093642891_4d4603e5ae_b.jpg

50093060213_daf681ec0d_b.jpg

50093060358_a3e4b19f8e_b.jpg

50093060688_79f1cbc321_b.jpg

• Like 25

When I can tell you that it looks real in the outdoor photos, that's the highest compliment I can extend. What's your next project?  🙂

• Thanks 1

Wow, that actually looks real! what a fantastic effort there! Where, out of interest, is the background on the outside photo?, I'm assuming it's a hangar?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Agent K said:

Wow, that actually looks real! what a fantastic effort there! Where, out of interest, is the background on the outside photo?, I'm assuming it's a hangar?

Sadly its one of three hangers recently demolished for housing at RAF Tangmere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

When I can tell you that it looks real in the outdoor photos, that's the highest compliment I can extend. What's your next project?  🙂

Well i have Hell cat and Aires resin set..... I also have an Airfix Mustang that i bough a while back with the idea of covering it in bare metal foil......so the jury is out. Quite fancy the Aires radial engine and Hellcat in FAA colours. :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Model Mate said:

the external photos do indeed look like the real thing - I'm impressed with the 1/48 hangar you've built in the the background too! One slight criticism - I think your camera lens (or sensor) could do with a clean...

Ah that would be that large piece of string on the RHS in some pictures. :) its supposed to clean itself but i have spent ages with a sensor brush and  i get it clean for a couple of pictures and its back, i think there is just to much junk inside the camera now. I really need a new one, had this one to bits so many times fixing problems its past it really.