Mach 2 Martin Seamaster

Lovely build of a great-looking aircraft, Chris. Looks like something out of a Gerry Anderson series.

Dave

• Like 4

Excellent job, I see you managed to correct the canopy too - I used the original with lots of sanding and polishing.

More parts in the beaching trolley than the airframe. It was a beautiful looking aircraft, and faster than a B-52. Shame none were saved.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

Wonderful build. One minor note: my guess is that the stripe on the beaching trolley might have been green on the right (starboard) side as it was very likely handed.

They used to colour code the beaching wheels on the other flying boats, so that is a possibility. Never thought of that before.

Lovely! A beautifully finished model out a kit from the most rudimentary of manufacturers! Excellent work on the cockpit, you'd never have been able to see the interior with the kit part even if it was the right shape. 

Outstanding! I know many modellers poo-poo Mach 2 kits, and they do have their issues, but with some patience and basic modeling skills they can be built into stunning models, as this example shows.

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

your Seamaster is a real beauty, a really impressive beast. Mach2 kits are not the easiest but as you said it is quite satisfying beating them into submission :D

Cheers

Markus

I never new this plane existed, so thanks for the education!

It looks incredible they sure did have some impressive designs back in the 50s. 

A lovely looking kit and especially as it sounds like it was a challenge!

I just love that plane, you are right it might be one of the coolest looking planes of all time!  Great job on the build, it looks great.  What are the odd we ever see this in 1/48?

Excellent workmanship and finishing skills!

Especially as it is a Mach2 kit.

For a time I considered Mach2's DC-4 kit, but the price and crudeness of the kit scared me away.

Luckily, the Revell C-54 kit arrived about a decade later. 😌

Anyway, well done with the Seamaster.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

A lovely build of the Mach2 kit. Having built the Mach2 York , I have found they are challenging kits but immensely satisfying to finish. They are not the impossible kits to build as some suggest, but do take some patience. 

I cannot say with any certainty that I have ever seen one of these built in kit form.  Great job and thank you sharing this very unique subject with us!!!!! :goodjob:

Mike

Gorgeous model of an incredible aircraft that I knew nothing about! I wandered off to the darker reaches of the Web and did some gentle research. It seems that the Glenn L Martin Museum in Maryland has an aft fuselage and tail of a Martin P6M SeaMaster in their collection.