Leopard 2A7 - On exercise

Lovely job! Not just the Leo but the base as well, to many aspects to list individually but particularly like the stream, the variety of stone in the bed is most affective.

The weathering on the Leo is great,  always shied away from heavy weathering and mud deposits but yours looks most convincing. 

Great work, as ever!

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sanfrandragon said:

Very nice, love the weathering, the stream looks awesome and would love to know how you did the spray?!

Pretty straight forward to be honest. Well ish. It's also pretty scary. 

Form a lump of clay to the wave crescent you want. Then cover that with cling film. The pour the resin over. The key is to then add some cotton wool/stuffing fibres so the resin doesnt just run off. You have have to keep working it until the resin starts to stiffen a little which is tough as it wants to stick to EVERYTHING I used a wooden stirrer and just kept poking and prodding. Then leave for 24/48 hrs and peel away from the clay. Tidy up the straggling bits of cling film then super glue it on to the base where the wave originates then do the main resin pour.  Theres alot of winging it tho so I wouldnt recommend trying it on a  build you would be really upset about if it goes wrong. I did two dios before attempting this. Also RESIN MELTS FOAM. I came very close to writing off this and the omaha builds because of it. 

P1070956 Dniester River Crossing 1/35th

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1