FV432 Mk2/1 APC

Little bits...

20200902-125532-1.jpg

Lets call them 'little bits' as I don't what they are, were added to each side together with parts for the return rollers. Small bits were also added on the rear bulkhead either side of the door, don't know them either. And the last thing fitted today was the exhaust which has had its extension removed as I believe most were on the real things. 

Stuart

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, that's a neat little machine. 

Don't know if it'll be of interest to you, but here is a picture of an Indian one. 

f07a67bf-4ef8-4956-99d4-e3888e4826d1.png

Photo taken by me. 

• 5 months later...

With the Matador done, time to return to the 432.

20211105-161133.jpg

Tracks are fitted and each one is made of six parts. The fit is not brilliant but when mounted on its base, any unsightly things will hopefully disappear. Tow cables are not part of the kit, so scratch options were made from multi-strand wire and fitted in the appropriate place.

20211105-161210.jpg

The PE set comes with rear track guard/mud flaps. Apparently, when going cross-country, the mud flaps are clipped up but I've seen many configurations, so I went with LHS up and RHS down, mainly 'cos there is a decal fitted on the RHS track guard.

20211105-161239.jpg

I've ben told that the front usually carried a set of cables; one about 3m and the other about 8m. Scaled down versions were made from tinned copper wire.

20211105-163410.jpg

Here we have the smaller parts. At the top we have the kit GPMG and a spade from spares box, in the middle we have commanders hatch (PE) and the read door (PE) fitted out with padding(?) clips, first aid box and couple of BV's and in the little pot we have fire extinguisher and headlights.

Next step is to gloss, then decal. Still got to do base too.

Stuart

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

With SMW done, it's time to move this forward.

20211119-120714.jpg

After sealing in decals, the 432 had a pin wash of a sandy colour to give it a used look. The vehicle lights were fitted, the inboard lights were painted black to replicate the IR headlights. Indicators and side lights painted.

Ignore the wonky looking track, that'll be sorted.

20211119-120744.jpg

Commanders hatch, MG, spade and commander fitted.

20211119-120919.jpg

Rear door fitted. Rear lights painted.

Not much left to do except fit some aerials, coat of matt varnish, whack it down onto base and blend things in. Oh, forgot, need some wing mirrors.

See you soon

Stuart

• Like 9