T29E3 Takom

very very nice.... i have that putty (well the "panzer putty" equivalent. Will be using it for the first time on the Type 89 - any advice??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robw_uk said:

very very nice.... i have that putty (well the "panzer putty" equivalent. Will be using it for the first time on the Type 89 - any advice??

thanks for comment ;) very ggod stuuf, no greasy, don't break little piece, very easy to use, you can cut it with scissor or cutter.

only one problem, melt with hot weather... when you put it on your kit, you have to do your job straight away

cheers

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a beautifull build indeed!

Great photo's too, very professional looking!

I'm not familiar with the masking putty => is that suitable for reuse or is it for 1x use only when applied?

I definately see the benefits of using that putty for creating camo schemes, but it would be kind of ashame if you have to throw it away after 1x use.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EpicPlastic said:

This is a beautifull build indeed!

Great photo's too, very professional looking!

I'm not familiar with the masking putty => is that suitable for reuse or is it for 1x use only when applied?

I definately see the benefits of using that putty for creating camo schemes, but it would be kind of ashame if you have to throw it away after 1x use.

Hello Thanks for comments

you don't have to put in trash after 1 time, this is for life ;) 

after painting, you put the putty in his box for the next time

• Thanks 1

On 21/10/2020 at 20:24, PanZair said:

you don't have to put in trash after 1 time, this is for life ;) 

after painting, you put the putty in his box for the next time

Hmm, interesting, i think i'll look into this putty then as it would make life easier for certain schemes.

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, vytautas said:

👍

Everything is fine!

There is nothing more to say...

Do you use hairspray technology between color layers (I mean before oil)?

Vytautas

Thanks for the com

yes, absolutly. Chipping fluid and varnish between each layers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent as always!
But the helmet seems to block the rangefinder's right window.

And yes, I know it’s a trifle, but you’re guilty of doing everything incredibly well, so I want to find some flaws... 😀

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

@PanZair Bud can i ask about the paint work ?is this one of the World of Tanks / Warthunder schemes or is it based on a real scheme used during the vehicles testing program....and who made the main gun for this.....been doing some reading on the T29 program and while there seem to be a few pics of the T29 and E2 variant there are virtually no period pics of the E3 and was curious about the paint colours.......do you have any pics you could share?

• Thanks 1

stunning as always.... I am adding a Super Pershing (Pilot #1) to the stash, going to do a what if paint scheme so maybe similar to yours. Love the stowage as well, giving me inspiration

• Thanks 1