yet another Ferrari 1/8th F40 Engine

7 minutes ago, Malc2 said:

Still taking it to Telford?

Looking forward to seeing it f'real!

Looks superb.

M.

Yes if I finish it in time!

Yep, still out of superlatives!    Wishing you great success with your masterpiece Nick.

Nick, you have created a fantastic realistic engine model. Brilliant👌

There is one important piece missing though…. An engine lift to get the Pocher engine out and install this one😉

• Haha 1

incredible, unbeleavable - not even in German i would find the right words! If i wouldn'd know, i couldn't beleave, that this is "just an other F40" MODELL engine!

Congratulations!
I think this is one of the all-time-benchmarks!

Thanks for showing us this miracle.

Kai

25 minutes ago, KaiPaul said:

incredible, unbeleavable - not even in German i would find the right words! If i wouldn'd know, i couldn't beleave, that this is "just an other F40" MODELL engine!

Congratulations!
I think this is one of the all-time-benchmarks!

Thanks for showing us this miracle.

Kai

That’s very kind thank you. 

I’ll find out how I got on with it at the scale model world championships when I collect it tomorrow! The competition was outstanding, so not overly hopeful!

Nick

Deeply impressive build, a true masterpiece! I love it!

As much as I dislike the use of the word "awesome", it would still fall short to describe what you have achieved. 

And there's a little hole at the top to mount it on a gold chain. Handy! 😁

Sincerest congratualtions, Nick.

I would really like to see a company produce a kit of this or some other engines. If you ever decide to go into business, you can count on me as a customer!

6 minutes ago, Ade H said:

And there's a little hole at the top to mount it on a gold chain. Handy! 😁

Sincerest congratualtions, Nick.

I would really like to see a company produce a kit of this or some other engines. If you ever decide to go into business, you can count on me as a customer!

Ade, thanks very much. I already have gone into business! Engines coming soon 👍😎

• Like 1

Well done Nick!!    I reckoned you'd come away with something.   May I ask where the award fits in the scheme of things ... Best in show? Best scratch build? ???

1 hour ago, albergman said:

Well done Nick!!    I reckoned you'd come away with something.   May I ask where the award fits in the scheme of things ... Best in show? Best scratch build? ???

Thanks for your faith! it was just a class win - scratch built civilian vehicle. 

"JUST" a class win!   At a show of this size and calibre that's no small feat I'd guess.   I've been sharing your progress with a friend and he's curious whether you might embark on any of the great engines from the 60's ... Cosworth FORD V8, Gurney-Weslake V12 or the Ferrari 312?   Any idea where your imagination might lead you next?

5 minutes ago, albergman said:

"JUST" a class win!   At a show of this size and calibre that's no small feat I'd guess.   I've been sharing your progress with a friend and he's curious whether you might embark on any of the great engines from the 60's ... Cosworth FORD V8, Gurney-Weslake V12 or the Ferrari 312?   Any idea where your imagination might lead you next?

Frank I’m currently working on the Bentley Blower 

51682398156_df17e14557_h.jpg

so only 30 years out! The Cosworth DFV will most likely be next after that though. 

Nick

• Like 2