My latest completed....

Well I did actually finish this a couple of weeks ago but I'm terrible at pointing the camera at my models for some reason. Good at pointing the camera at real planes whenever I see them, funny that!

German Air Force Alpha Jet 41+39 JBG43 NATO Tiger Meet - Kleine Brogel 1985

This is the Fujimi 1/72 kit. It has some nicely represented panel lines but in other areas comparable to old Matchbox kits. Extremely basic cockpit & very thick clear one piece canopy.

I did have a Pavla vacform canopy intended for the Heller kit but in the end decided to use the kit canopy & took the razor saw to it & cut it up into sections.

As I needed to reinforce where the canopies are attached, I drilled & attached brass rod to represent the telescopic canopy rams, this made for a secure support and attachment.

I added side consoles from scrap plastic & used Pavla MBB Stencel ejection seats.

The only thing I should have addressed was the arrestor hook which looks like a walking stick attached to the rear end, which I might sort out at a later date when I can be bothered!

For decals I used a HaHen decal sheet (Thanks Harald if you're looking!) which provided the cockpit decals & fitted nicely.

His German Air Force Alpha Jet decal sheet had everything I needed for this particular airframe which attended the 1985 Tiger Meet at Kleine Brogel.

Photographic reference from; "The 25th Anniversary NATO Tiger Meet" Coen Van Den Heuvel & Jac Van Tuyn Osprey/Motorbooks International

An obligatory Master brass pitot was used as well as some brass tubing for the Mauser gun.

All paints used were from the Hataka paint range, Mig PLW wash & Xtracrylic matt.

Thanks for looking

50091898841_3aaf0dbded_c.jpg

50091898896_a64a6cee0a_c.jpg

50091316143_682c24a988_c.jpg

50091316218_bfd2a853af_c.jpg

50091316258_f3272009ca_c.jpg

50091316288_53691b5e2b_c.jpg

50091316343_035bf90935_c.jpg

50091316408_01349811d9_c.jpg

50092133577_d9f0164042_c.jpg

50091316503_76639e2fed_c.jpg

• Like 46

I like your Alpha Jet much, not just you used the Oldenburger markings of the JaboG 43, but also your paint work is very nice, even i like more used worn look, but a Alpha Jet is rarely to see in model forums, thats why your work is top notch.

How i wish the kit manufacturers make a new Alpha Jet in 1:48 or 1:32, its still my dream

Edited by Harry Callahan
  • Like 1

I really like your kit of the lovely little Alpha jet. The finish is so good and I do like the German camo scheme. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by tim d
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

That's a superb result from the old Fujimi kit.  Very nice work!

Cheers mate! 

The Fujimi kit isn't too bad considering its vintage.

9 hours ago, F-32 said:

Wow that is a gorgeous build :clap:

Thank you! 😊

10 hours ago, Agent K said:

I've always liked the Alpha Jet and that is as good a build as it gets, nicely done.

Cheers! 😊

13 hours ago, stevej60 said:

A stunning example of a poorly served aircraft in kit form,beautiful paintwork too.

Many thanks stevej60 much appreciated.

I think it's the best on offer, but I reckon good things could be made of the Heller kit as well.

13 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Lovely job on a decades old kit. A new tool kit is long overdue I would say. Well done

Cheers mate, must be well over thirty years old I reckon! 😊

7 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Excellent, like that knickname! Is that what they were known as?

Cheers!

Martin

Yes, I think so. Basically many small aircraft are occasionally nicknamed this way, but in the context of the post-war Luftwaffe, the Luftmoped ("aerial moped") is an Alpha Jet. Its predecessor, the G.91, was even smaller, nevertheless it was given the more flattering name Gina.

• Like 1

Hello L2000,

As mentioned above, I was very impressed with the overal outcome of this model from Fujimi.

I had to recheck the scale, to make sure it was not 1/48 scale.

The "real" aircraft has one of the best trackrecords in aviation.

Regards, Orion.

• Like 1