Hi from Oregon

Carl Mac

I'm Carl Mac and have been into modeling cars and planes since the mid 60's while living in Brooklyn New York, living near the NYC transit system I have a love for the old style transit cars as I grew up riding the BMT gate cars in the mid 60's and loved them then they got replaced by the same cars only with automatic doors and enclosed steel ends  called the Q's as the cars was used in Queens for the World Fair in 1939. Later these same cars was used for the 1968 1969 World Fair, my family and I moved to Oregon in 1969 and I've been here ever since I am very interested in sci fi and have built several models of Star Wars and Star Trek space ships and I have scratch built a few vehicles one a Mars Exploration Vehicle and a beer can submarine. I am currently looking into building some of the awesome artist Ian Mcque's strange but interesting air ships regular tug boat craft only being adapted to fly with some anti gravity method and the ships are all unique in design, hopefully I can achieve that if my arthritis doesn't get any worse. I'm very happy to be a member here and liking what I'm seeing by the great modelers there are here on this side of the pond I'm looking forward to post photos of my builsd as well thank you all.   Carl Mac

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carl Mac said:

I'm Carl Mac and have been into modeling cars and planes since the mid 60's while living in Brooklyn New York, living near the NYC transit system I have a love for the old style transit cars as I grew up riding the BMT gate cars in the mid 60's and loved them then they got replaced by the same cars only with automatic doors and enclosed steel ends  called the Q's as the cars was used in Queens for the World Fair in 1939. Later these same cars was used for the 1968 1969 World Fair, my family and I moved to Oregon in 1969 and I've been here ever since I am very interested in sci fi and have built several models of Star Wars and Star Trek space ships and I have scratch built a few vehicles one a Mars Exploration Vehicle and a beer can submarine. I am currently looking into building some of the awesome artist Ian Mcque's strange but interesting air ships regular tug boat craft only being adapted to fly with some anti gravity method and the ships are all unique in design, hopefully I can achieve that if my arthritis doesn't get any worse. I'm very happy to be a member here and liking what I'm seeing by the great modelers there are here on this side of the pond I'm looking forward to post photos of my builds as well thank you all.   Carl Mac

If you see something that really interests you then you better photograph it, because tomorrow it may not be there any longer. 

Thank you both I made almost every AMT model car there was in the 1960's but lost them all when a shed I was renting caught fire and I lost the entire collection, I was a real car nut  but my interests waned when I saw the trains from the NYC city transit system in the early 60's and began researching and scratch built a few trolleys. I'm collecting information on these Ian Mcque designs I have the Remora  and plan on building that as a start.   

• Like 1