AS 532 Cougar RSAF

1903flight

Hi All,

Just about about to start the Italeri AS.532 Cougar in 1/72.  Looking at doing the Singapore option, as something a bit different.  The colour schemes in the instructions are not the clearest.  Looking at images on the net, I believe I am sorted for the upper surfaces and sides.  The confusion is the underside colour - Italeri appear to have this as a tan colour, but the only picture I can find that shows any of the underside colour, it appears to be a grey - green colour -

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore-Air-Force/Aerospatiale-AS-332M1-Super-Puma/1197162/L?qsp=eJxtjjEOwjAMRe/iuQNRCYhsdGGkAxewHAORQhs5Hqiq3p00RUxs3%2B/bT56BxkH5rbcpMTjIjEJPaCCh4CuDmwGDkOBdO8yBtrX9sW1%2B/MIDy98GnDF2m2MYVr3dWXsq9jyKdlMBHpXPRJyU/ZdfxbOsFWeqjzzKpSmBpa8Z2kPhPuQUsTpYMURYlg%2BR8ELa

Anyone have an image of the underside of a Singaporean Cougar or know what the underside colour should be?

Thanks

James

Some kind of light grey. Look at the aerials, as most are normally the same colour as the underside, and also the bulge behind the main wheel

Andy

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the responses 

@scotthldr those photos are really useful! - Might just go with your suggestion of Dark compass grey 

@Red Dot, thanks for the suggestion, will join that site.

Cheers all

James

The photograph that CT7567 links to has the helicopter with White antennas, I’ve seen RSAF Cougars with Black and also Green antennas. In one of the photos I linked to, the helicopter has a FLIR turret bolted onto the side. I would say that is 36320 and I cannot discern a difference with the underside colour.

14 hours ago, 1903flight said:

Thanks all for the responses 

@scotthldr those photos are really useful! - Might just go with your suggestion of Dark compass grey 

@Red Dot, thanks for the suggestion, will join that site.

Cheers all

James

The Asian Air Arms SIG is worth joining too, free of charge. Use the experts on the site, as the can normally help, especially for something like this

Andy

• 2 months later...