Italian Tornado (Revell, 1/32)

That's a super looking Tornado you've built there. 

I really like the extra work you've done with converting the cockpit to the trainer version. This is something I wanted to try with mine, to represent ZA412, the 617 Sqn special tail.

You've shown that it can be done, so I've got no excuses now. I picked up the Aires cockpit set and figured I could use some of the kit parts from the front of the Revell kit in the rear?

How big a task did you find that? Great piece of work anyway.

Cheers Bob.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobsyouruncle said:

I picked up the Aires cockpit set and figured I could use some of the kit parts from the front of the Revell kit in the rear?

How big a task did you find that? Great piece of work anyway.

Cheers Bob.

Bob,

here’s how I did it: I made a resin copy of the front cockpit throttle assembly and the rear cockpit left console:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I then scraped all the details on the rear cockpit left console:

spacer.png

The left console details (radar and radio controls on the real plane) were moved backward and glued behind the throttle assembly:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The only part that is really hard to reproduce is the rear cockpit flight instruments cover; thankfully, a friend of mine 3d-printed it for me…

spacer.png

Hope it hepls...

• Like 2

On 09/07/2020 at 02:16, Hobo said:

As I've already said, a stunning build. Would you please explain how you create the very subtle variations in shade of the various colors. It looks extremely realistic.

Most of it is done with the airbrush, then I use oils as I described in this topic:

F-104

Cheers!