A little Rusky Kamov Ka 25c by Airfix

Hi All

Sorry for the late arrival . Here is my whirly thing Aifix Ka 25c . Maybe even be able to finish on time this time . Starting pics below 

Martin H 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

Great choice, that rotor arrangement looks blooming complicated, out of curiosity does the kit allow them to rotate ? 

I'm afraid the big kid in me still likes to do that if the kit allows it !

Best of luck

cheers Pat 

Glad this one's arrived Martin a rare and in my opinion almost forgotten Airfix  gem of a kit.,look forward to it's progress.

• Like 1

I had that kit and built it in that cool box-top scheme. I really enjoyed it. From memory you can rotate the whole rotor assembly but it doesn't allow for contra-rotation of the upper and lower rotors. Unless I just messed it up!

Good luck with the build!

• Like 1

Remember getting this kit in that very same box from my mum one summer holiday. So will watch your progress on it with a massive measure of nostalgia and considerable curiosity to see how it goes for you :) 

• Like 1

Evening All 

Thanks all for your comments . Internals assembled and primed ready a detailing by a hairy stick . The IP will be added after its encounter with said stick . There won't be seen when everything is closed up. Comments always welcome 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 4

I think this and the Mil 24 A/D Hind were the last two "new" helicopter kits released by Airfix (in 1984) before the company really hit the rocks in the mid-1980s. I don't know how accurate the Ka 25 kit is, but it was very enjoyable to build, as I recall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Evening All 

Thanks to all who dropped by . Progress is a little slow at the moment but hopefully things should get a wriggle on now . Just about ready to close up. Little bits basically painted and tape seat belts added. Not great but will pass as not much will be seen later but they have been trimmed since the pic . More soon 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Evening All 

Here we are all closed up . A bit of wrestling required but I have seen worse. More progress since the pic . Much filling and adding bits and nearly ready for primer . More soon . Construction or should I say reconstruction of the Hobby space is underway . Just a wall to come out what could possibly go wrong .More soon comments welcome as always 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 7