Norton Manx 1:9

Hi Guys, here it is, it is ready. The model is a very good quality and modifications&replacement friendly. I have replaced plastic spokes with steel ones, leather on the seat, a lot of missing wires and connections. Painted with ZP white pearl, black gloss and onyx blue + diamond gloss. At the end I am really satisfied with the outcome. Best regards and see you soon in "Work in Progress" section with next project in 1:16 scale.

a8Ky9na.jpg

uN1UWKY.jpg

O8bFLyL.jpg

mkdXzYR.jpg

lsJsn8C.jpg

RuBEuUZ.jpg

0t2MPFm.jpg

9ltRQg8.jpg

aIJAVZJ.jpg

EdSkx69.jpg

ZSxG6zv.jpg

UuHS64z.jpg

hDyZhZb.jpg

Best regards

• Like 26

Superb build, it takes me back to my childhood, seeing these on black & white TV on the TT!

51 minutes ago, Filbert_Wang said:

You could have fooled me and said this was a photo of the real thing! Outstanding, things like the subtle weathering on the tyres and fading on the decals are really impressive. 

I second that - if I’d not seen this on a model making site I’d could have easily been fooled into thinking this was real.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi Guys, thanks for very positive feedback; I am glad you like. It was really nice work with nice outcome. Now I am sure, that this is the first but not the last motorbike and next is somewhere ahead :).

Best regards

On 7/8/2020 at 3:56 AM, Angus73 said:

At the end I am really satisfied with the outcome.

Ahhh, YAAA!  What Bull said, "superb".  Geeze, even the jack stand is exquisite.  You definitely should be satisfied.  Outstanding build. 

Btw the jack is 15-minute work. It is aero painted with tamiya x7, next step is decals as they are supposed to look like labels, no clear , and finaly colured with acrylic crayons light and dark grey. That is it. Crayons result in this „usage” effect :)

regards

Another tip is that look of the chains wheel, i ve just put grey primer and than black semigloss, diluted 3:2 with max preassure, 4 bars. At the end light grey acrylic crayon :) I used those crayons on both chains too

regards

Hi, answering to keefr22 question, these are pictures of crayons I use with an example how to make them useful. They result in a bit (less then chipping technique) of usage effect. Some scratches and little rust. Regards,

P5JUFm4.jpg

yFPjRXc.jpg

OmWwoB2.jpg

• Thanks 2