Sunken Short Sunderland filmed at the bottom of Trondheim Fiord, Norway

tonyot

I found this interesting,...... hope you do too;

EDIT,......Another film showing more footage including the rear of the aircraft;

3d model;

https://dykkepedia.com/images/b/b6/Short_Sunderland_model.mp4

Info about the aircraft,  Short Sunderland Mk. V EJ138 WH-Y of 330 Sqn RNorAF is here;

https://dykkepedia.com/wiki/Short_Sunderland

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 7

Very impressive, but one thing that puzzles me the most

How come they can drive a tethered drone though the wreck of an aircraft on the sea bed without any problems but I can’t move my vacuum cleaner from one end of the room to the other without the lead snagging on something.  😀

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, nheather said:

How come they can drive a tethered drone though the wreck of an aircraft on the sea bed without any problems but I can’t move my vacuum cleaner from one end of the room to the other without the lead snagging on something.  😀

Cheers,

Nigel

All to do with the skill of the driver Nigel!

5 hours ago, nheather said:

Cheers,

Nigel

No doubt your other half says you just need more practice. It is the usual answer in my house.

• Like 1

She looks in a amazing condition all things considered.  I wonder if there are plans to bring her up.  I also wonder what other as yet undiscovered treasures lie deep in Norwegian fjords.  Two Halifaxes is a pretty good haul, especially as they brought an extinct type back to life, so to speak.  I wonder id there is a Sterling down there somewhere.

• Like 1