KP 1/72 Bloch-200

The Bloch MB-200 was a French built bomber which went into service in the 1930s with the
French, Czechoslovakian and the Spanish Republican airforces. It didn't fare well in the
Spanish civil war and by the end of hostilities their entire complement of 32 aircraft
had been destroyed. Despite this, it saw service with the Vichy French up to 1941 where it
was used against Allied forces in the middle east.

I found the kit quite challenging in terms of fit, quality and probably my own ineptitude, but it did come
from my 'last century collection'. I think I used more filler on this model than any other
and had to buy a new set of modelling files to finish the job. Good investment btw.
Made by Draper £6.00 from Amazon. The clear parts were truly awful, especially the fuselage
windows. Too thick and cloudy and impossible to get to sit neatly. I finished up
poking them out and using 'Glue & Glaze'. Not ideal, but better than the original perspex.
Finished with the box supplied Czechoslovakian Air force decals and painted with Revell Aqua. 

50079604762_4c3b92533a_z.jpg

50078720113_bf71b9ae58_z.jpg

50078719823_ef2e9d6df8_z.jpg

50079290491_94c831acde_z.jpg

50079288686_3fc6c7d591_z.jpg

50079289171_b5be71b6a3_z.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Vince

• Like 22

What a bizarre looking aircraft, designer must have a wild imagination and little understanding of aerodynamics! Nice to see such an unusual model and well done for wrestling it into submission, good job!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

What a bizarre looking aircraft, designer must have a wild imagination and little understanding of aerodynamics!

Certainly no hint at the Mirages and Mysteres to come from Marcel Bloch's rebranded company.

• Like 2

Nice! Not frequently seen on RFI model. I did mine some 20 years ago perhaps...

Vinnie, I am not sure if your info on MB 200 in Spanish Civil War is correct. On the best web page on types used in SCW (IMHO) it is said "A single MB-200 was probably sent to Spain, 'though no corroborative documentary evidence seems to exist.  " ( http://bioold.science.ku.dk/drnash/model/spain/did.html  )

Much more were there other French bombers like MB 210 and Potez 540, maybe someone mixed them up.

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 2

For all the troubles the kit gave you, the finished result is quite nice. The real airplane wins no beauty prizes but maybe it got rewards for functionality?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Nice! I've never actually saw this kit built. Your's looks great.

I've got one in the stash but I'll probably never get to it. 

Chris

Thanks, Chris. You should build it. Despite it's flaws I quite enjoyed it. It has a bit of fuselage interior detail to make it more interesting.

16 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

What a bizarre looking aircraft, designer must have a wild imagination and little understanding of aerodynamics! Nice to see such an unusual model and well done for wrestling it into submission, good job!

Thanks, FB. Certainly is a bizarre looker.

14 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Very good job on a very poor kit, well done !  

Wulfman

Thanks, as I said earlier, a difficult kit but quite enjoyable to build.

15 hours ago, SAT69 said:

For all the troubles the kit gave you, the finished result is quite nice. The real airplane wins no beauty prizes but maybe it got rewards for functionality?

Certainly is an ugly duckling.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JWM said:

Nice! Not frequently seen on RFI model. I did mine some 20 years ago perhaps...

Vinnie, I am not sure if your info on MB 200 in Spanish Civil War is correct. On the best web page on types used in SCW (IMHO) it is said "A single MB-200 was probably sent to Spain, 'though no corroborative documentary evidence seems to exist.  " ( http://bioold.science.ku.dk/drnash/model/spain/did.html  )

Much more were there other French bombers like MB 210 and Potez 540, maybe someone mixed them up.

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hi, Jerzy. You may well be correct. My information came from Wiki, which as we know may not be the most accurate.  This is what was printed;

'The Spanish Republic acquired 2 units thirty days after the beginning of the Spanish Civil War. 'These units were sent to Barcelona. Later, 30 units more were sent by ship and assembled in Air France's workshop at Prat de Llobregat.'

Best regards,

Vince

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Very nice build of a rare bird.

I did a similar kit years ago by Heller, could this be a re-box?

Pete

Thank's, Pete. According to Scalemates this was boxed as new tool in 1986 under the KP brand. It did reappear more recently branded Smer with exactly the same box art.

13 hours ago, russ c said:

Really nice work there, great job

Thanks, Russ. Your comments are always appreciated.

• Like 1