Jaguar XJ-S V12, Hasegawa, 1/24

Great work M looks awesome. The body colour, the interior, the engine detail etc. All comes together beautifully this is definitely one of my favourite builds I've seen on here. Well done mate 👍

Looks great, your hard work has paid off.  One minor criticism, which is more a matter of creative choices, I don't think an M-plate is correct for this car.  I guess M477 is for Matt?

Thanks, guys... @johnlambert yes, the plate is way too young for the car, but XJM477S doesn’t read as nicely 😜

Someone elsewhere has reminded me that I forgot the embedded bumper lights, so they are now on the car. And the bonnet closes a lot better than it has in the photos... I wasn’t paying enough attention when I closed it after the engine shots. It needs to “click” into place between the headlights and then be pushed back slightly...

best,

M.

• Like 1

Looks amazing, I've never seen one built this well, one slight thing, the chin spoiler scoop lip thing should be satin black as it is on the real car, apart from that PERFECT, what's next on the line?

Andy.

They may have had their reliability issues, but by crikey they were gorgeous cars.   Another model given 'Matt's special touch' to make it look great.

Thank you, gentlemen. I fixed a couple of errors: the lower spoiler is rubber, and there are lights in the bumpers that I missed painting. Thanks to those folks that pointed them out. FINALLY finished now...

final-version-1.jpg

final-version-2.jpg

final-version-3.jpg

final-version-5.jpg

best,

M.

• Like 10

• 10 months later...

I love it. I'm not usually in the car modelling part of the forum but having just bought a fullsize one at the weekend I came looking for models :) I like the colours you chose also, and your engine bay is tidier than mine!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I love it. I'm not usually in the car modelling part of the forum but having just bought a fullsize one at the weekend I came looking for models :) I like the colours you chose also, and your engine bay is tidier than mine!

Oh, you lucky fellow. I'm keeping my eyes open for a good XK8/XKR Coupe as a semi-retirement indulgence myself! Thank you, as well... 😜

best,

M.

• Like 1