"Buffaloes encounter" M113 ACAV - 1st squadron, 10th cavalry, 4th inf division

Hi !

I had promised you informations on my friend Basket... I take advantage of the opening of this topic to keep my word

This dear friend lives therefore a small mediterranean village called Marseille.

Rémy (his real name) is indeed a true anglophile, but of an anglophilia which makes useless the existence of the worst anglophobes. Let me explain 🤓

This excellent friend draws most of his knowledge of England from the repeated vision of "Little Britain" and has identified himself surprisingly with Miss Howard (the Emily Howard her/himself), a curious and unique case of pathological bovarianism (this partly explaining its acute suceptibility). So he scrupulously adapted his lifestyle to his favorite character...

The true problem is that, despite a much sought after outfit, his appearance is closer to that of a trans rugby player than that of a victorian lady and anyone who has suffered the spectacle of the dear Rémy bicycling down the narrow main street of his village (the Cannebière), screaming hysterically in a high-pitched voice “I am an English lady, yes, a real lady” will understand what I am talking about...

But let get back to modelling with one of my last build, a M113 ACAV from AFV Club. The figurines are from Bravo6 and the water-buffalo from Mininature.

The kit is a gem and an excellent base for detailling. I’ve scratched some internal details which remain visible when closed (so it’s not an exhaustive redetailling of the interior).

The project and work in progress

l1100696.jpg

l1100796.jpg

l1100797.jpg

The pics below will show you stuffs i added on the interior.

l1100794.jpg

l1100795.jpg

20200621.jpg

AFV done

l1100853.jpg

l1100852.jpg

l1100854.jpg

And the final result

l1100866.jpg

l1100865.jpg

l1100867.jpg

l1100868.jpg

l1100869.jpg

l1100859.jpg

l1100858.jpg

Complete buid here : http://fighters.forumactif.com/t94091-gb-vietnam-buffaloes-encounter-m113-acav-1st-squadron-10th-cavalry-4th-inf-division

l1100861.jpg

See you!

Fabrice

https://www.facebook.com/Fabrice-Simon-104518141316306

• Like 68
  • Thanks 2

Well ... no comment ... considerring that my favorite LB character is Vicky Pollard !!! 🤣

Let's go back to modelling : Fabrice your job on this one is absolutely astonishing !!!!

• Thanks 1

Wonderful, beautifully posed, sculpted and painted and impeccable finish...a real testament to your skills, could look at this all day long and keep seeing little details that were missed on the previous view....stunning. 

• Thanks 1

What they said. It's just incredibly, ridiculously good! You feel this scene coming to life while you're looking at it. 

• Thanks 1

A stunning vignette. To my mind, many models of Vietnam era US AFV's can look to boring and drab, but you have executed the finish beautifully with so much attention to detail and excellent paintwork and weathering.

Top job.

Terry

• Thanks 1

Many thanks ! i really enjoy you like it and your comments show me my work is heading in the right direction

Rob concerning the "water": two layers of very lightly tinted two-component resin for the base and W&N high gloss varnish in several applications for backwash effects

Marvellous, I particularly like the figures. I built an M113 ACAV diorama years ago. Not great. But  seeing that I  might try again.

As for Remy, he sounds like a 'character' as we call them here in Ireland. A friend told me of a farmer in a village here, who went about his daily life dressed as a nurse. A very scruffy nurse. When outsiders remarked at this bizarre sight. Locals just dismissed it as, 'Sure that's just Paddy. There's no harm in him'.

Glad to  hear a few characters still exist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1