A Higher Call in 1;32 scale

I just put the finishing touches on this (such as it is) in the way of the shredded rudder on Charlies Boeing and the 109's antenna wire (courtesy of my wife's long blonde hair and black jiffy marker) I took pics in my garage because of the large size base/ models not fitting anywhere else to get a shot and it being too windy today to take the scene outside. I'll try for better pictures with sky behind another day. The base is a large piece of Douglass Fir painted with aerosols. The Boeing is (of course) HK Models E/F and the 109 is Revell with a few upgrades. Build thread can be seen (I think?) over on Modelers Alliance...somewhere

R1a2P0v.jpg

zSQdf2C.jpg

vHPZCIH.jpg

MN0Vit2.jpg

7fADaBd.jpg

6CjU6hW.jpg

KYpz7fu.jpg

Please excuse the poor photography, bad lighting, cruddy backdrop etc. etc.

• Like 57

I love it! Absolutely love it! I have the book, A Higher Call, have read it many times, and keep going back to it, and the story is truly incredible. You've done a masterful job of capturing a moment in that story. That you did it in 1/32 scale is all the more impressive. For those who haven't read the book, I can say it's a must read!

• Like 4

Inspired to read the book by will pattison on you tube, who build a 262 based on the book. That is well worth a look. 

This is also a fantastic build and the damage/underlying structure exposed all very good modelling.

For those of us whose military modelling is a physical expression of a more general interest in the history of the use of these aircraft and the men who flew them it is a fitting tribute.

Fantastinc diorama idea and really great execution. The 109 is clean and sharp and the way you've rendered the damage on the B-17 is incredibly convincing. Just amazing to look at the whole scene!

Brilliant. Can't wait to see shots with a sky background.

The oil slick streaking back from the feathered engine is very convincing.

Superb pair of models showing a really moving incident. :like:   I read the book a few years ago and there was talk of a film back then, perhaps Tom Hanks is getting too old to portray a WW2 pilot now?

Having read the book awhile ago, I really love & appreciate what you've achieved there.

Both models look awesome.

I'm sure if you "Photoshopped" the background objects out of the picture it would be hard to tell from a real aerial photo!

Amazing!

👍👍