Kitty Hawk Jaguar T2 1/48 54 Sqn

So for anyone attempting to actually build this kit, good luck!  The fit in places is horrendous, the instructions are missing whole sections and have the wrong part numbers.

Add to that missing parts that when contacting the manufacturer suggest if i buy another kit from them they will put the missing bits in with the new kit!

overall I'm happy with the result, but far too much time dry fitting and reshaping bits that just do not line up.

n other areas its an excellent kit, the pylons are incorrect fro a UK Jaguar and thanks to @TedAntonopoulos I managed to get a resin replacement set inc phimat, 2 x correct shape tanks and the ALE 101

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 31

She is very nice.  Only hear complaints about the Kitty Hawk kit but you have made a quality two seater there, regardless of the problems with the kit.  Nice work

I've always thought the two-seat Jag' was a very attractive airplane and I must say your model does a superb job of doing it justice. It's just a shame the kit is such a dog. Given the Jag's worldwide use, you'd think another kit manufacturer would have a go at this in 1/48 and perhaps even 1/32 scale. 1/32 would be awesome for me! I know, I'm dreaming ... but dreaming is fun!

Great looking result and I understand the struggle as I built their first boxing.  But yours came out looking great dispute the kit problems.  My biggest complaint was they put seams where there would be no panel line which just annoyed me.

Very nice, I really like the double seater and yours came out splendid 👍

Quite interesting that every modeller seems to struggle with the KH Jaguar, so the kit really seems to be a dog to build. Good that I have two in my stash :undecided:

Cheers

Markus

• Haha 1

You work has over come everything that has been said about these kits and this is an excellent result. 

I keep kicking myself for selling the excellent Paragon two seat conversion when I heard this kit was coming out, think there is lots of life left in the old Airfix kit yet !!!

Great background too, is that a commercially available one or your own production ??

Must dig mine out.  

Only detail point it looks like they have only included the French Mk 4 seat, don't know what options are in the kit but Pavla do very nice Mk 9's and there only £2.25 each..... 

• Like 1

This is fake news.  Everyone knows the 1/48 KH Wagon Queen Family Truckster T2 Jaguar cannot be built.  This is the Hasegawa 1/72 T.2 expertly finished and photograph.  Nice try, but you cannot fool me by saying you built the un-buildable kit.  😀

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

This is fake news.  Everyone knows the 1/48 KH Wagon Queen Family Truckster T2 Jaguar cannot be built.  This is the Hasegawa 1/72 T.2 expertly finished and photograph.  Nice try, but you cannot fool me by saying you built the un-buildable kit.  😀

46 years modeling experience....needed every ounce be of it!