Tamiya 1/24 Xanavi NISMO GT-R (R34)

I built this earlier this year but only got round to photographing it more recently. Its the 1st car I have built and painted. I usually build aircraft and wanted a change. The decals went on well but there were a lot and it took a good few evenings to complete the shell. This was followed by several coats of clear gloss which unfortunately reacted with some of the decals and gave a blistered appearance. It was an enjoyable kit with no fit issues.....but that's what I've come to expect for Tamiya products. It was built straight out of the box with no extra detail parts. 

xXDf5xx1_o.jpg

pL5xQaWO_o.jpg

cu5YOwQe_o.jpg

y6mG0RNq_o.jpg

lnBkKM0T_o.jpg

6TAx3p9M_o.jpg

WYltqmSP_o.jpg

GyfF4t0R_o.jpg

HF6MEaU7_o.jpg

d8Yh7n6h_o.jpg

bIaKcfVH_o.jpg

• Like 9

That's a shame about the decals, although I have to say the blistering doesn't really show in the photos so I guess it's one of those things you're more aware of having built it than someone else looking at it would be.

Did you use Tamiya clear? I've found that isn't great over decals, so if I have a load of decals on a car which I want to cover I tend to use a gentler clear such as Revell. All said and done though, this is a nice looking end product and worth having on show.

Hahaa yeah people are usually critical of their own work. Its blistered on the white background of the number plaques on the doors. I built a '99 impreza WRC after this one and that reacted worse! I used Mr. Hobby clear and it initially goes on beautifully but then reacts. Oh well.....the next one will be better......and on it goes! Over all though i was very please with the finished result.

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

For a first car model that's a stunner!

Was the clear out of a rattle can or airbrushed?

Really nice job!

Keith

PS :welcome:to the forum!

Thanks very much. I've built a lot of aircraft over the years and i founds cars definitely require different techniques so it was a good fun project. Paint and clear coat were all out of rattle cans.

• Like 1