H builds “A Defiant” FINISHED

Just a placeholder while the kit is in the post. 

Winston Churchill once said about the Royal Air Force airmen,

”Every Morn Brought Forth A Noble Chance, And Every Chance Brought Forth A Noble Knight”

• Like 10

11 hours ago, modelling minion said:

1/72 or 1/48 H?

1/72 dude. I have the 1/48 one as well, but keeping that for the Sharkmouths2 GB if it makes it through the annual bum fight. 

Was trying to go outside the box slightly with something different to the usual Spitfires & Hurricanes.

I built Hurricane XD-S flown by Ken McKenzie for the 75th BOB GB. 

In June 1940, Winston Churchill said in his “We shall fight on the beaches” speech

“Very large formations of German aeroplanes-and we know that they are a very brave race-have turned on several occasions from the attack of one-quarter of their number of the Royal Air Force, and have dispersed in different directions. Twelve aeroplanes have been hunted by two. One aeroplane was driven into the water and cast away by the mere charge of a British aeroplane, which had no more ammunition. All of our types-the Hurricane, the Spitfire and the new Defiant-and all our pilots have been vindicated as superior to what they have at present to face.”

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Time to rescue this from page 5 with a little start update. 

CB791DFA-DCCC-4034-97FE-2E7A38967B02

So a few bits started, wheel bays glued into lower wing then upper wings fitted. A splash of paint into the cockpit

256DFCCA-8A03-4197-B385-D3F82267BE8C

More to follow. 

• Like 7

Good start! Beware though there are some bear traps. I had a bit of a torrid time with the turret. It’s all documented in my build. If you have any questions please ask!

Trevor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...