Revell 1/220 Cutty Sark, finished model

Hello again, if you were watching my "in progress" thread here on this kit, here is the finsihed model. It looks okay, best I could get it really. There was so much rigging I felt I was building a model of a spider's web... The only additions I made were some fine chain instead of string for the anchors (I had to research the way these were stowed) and a new stand out of obechi stained a darker colour - it needs some retouching... I will see about name plates but haven't got round to that yet. There would be more photos but I forgot the golden rule of close-up photography, STOP DOWN, so they are mostly half in focus and I'm not going to set the model etc. up again... maybe I'll add some later.

50083059513_49b2c004f6_k.jpg

50083060448_89bdc09f43_k.jpg

50083644996_6e924a27eb_k.jpg

50083062113_d4288730fc_k.jpg

• Like 23

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Great to see this kit actually built - looks superb. My ex-wife used to buy me this model every year from the bargain bins at Lidl but didn't get the hint that it was not for me even when she knew I had at least 6 of these in my stash. I have spent numerous hours on board the Sark up in London and it makes such a great day out. Lovely to see the kit made up and looking so brilliant.