Wallace Mobility Scooter Jousting

Some may recall me posting in the Discussion section a photo of a Gatsby Mobility Scooter, well as part of the Beyond The Box SIG it sparked anotherr mad idea and resulting fun build. Wallace is from the Airfix Motorbike & Sidecar kit, the wheels are off ebay for RC trucks with the remainder being scratch built. I hope you like it. No WIP I was laughing too much to take photos.

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 15
  • Haha 11

Brilliant! I love the silly ones and they don't come much sillier than this.

It's good to know that not everyone is taking themselves seriously.

• Like 2

That's absolutely brilliant

I'd love to have a crack at something like this, but I don't have the imagination (or the skill) to carry it out 

That's really made me chuckle :) 

Thanks for the generous comments. The idea came about from constantly dodging the 100mph pavement chariots.

If you like this kind of thing then have a look at Beyond The Box SIG on Facebook. We all wear those jackets that fasten at the back 🙃 This will now be devolped to fit in with the Wacky Races and Caravan & Camping themes for the group build for SMW 2021. It's good to get a break from the normal builds and decal artwork, try it you may like it.

Wallace & Gromit, my favourite TV characters, anything about these two is brilliant, well done!

Love it, made me smile.

But then my technical nerdiness cut in and I noticed that the battery is wired directly to the battery so the motor is always on, one speed, one direction - until the battery runs out.

Cheers,

Nigel

Nigel, did you not spot the Wi-Fi on/off switch buried inside the motor housing and the touch screen control on the dash? The lance also doubles as a lightning condcutor, but don't tell H&S. 😀

• Haha 1