Air Kruise livery for Dragon Rapide

Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas of the actual colours of the livery worn by Dragon Rapides employed by Air Kruise on their cross-channel service during the 1950s.

Pictures here

I've managed to find a few photos but only ever in black and white.

The best clue I can find is on a postcard which features a cigarette-card style painting of an Air Kruise DC-3 (see here) which (in combination with the black and white photos) suggests something like an Oxford Blue cheat line and Navy Blue lettering but I'm not sure that was also the case with their Dragon Rapides.

Any information or information gratefully received.

Edited by Le Taureau Qui Rit

The Air Kruise DC 3 picture was a Roy Cross painting.  Many of Roy's civil paintings appeared in a small soft back book called "Know your Airliners" in the 1950's The colours are overall Silver with  a White top mid to dark Blue cheat line the with of the windows and the title in the same Blue.

John

That's fantastic. Thank you very much. 

The Air Kruise Dragon Rapides look like they were silver overall (as far as I can tell from the photos I have seen), but I imagine the blue that Air Kruise used would probably have been constant throughout their fleet.

15 hours ago, Le Taureau Qui Rit said:

That's fantastic. Thank you very much. 

The Air Kruise Dragon Rapides look like they were silver overall (as far as I can tell from the photos I have seen), but I imagine the blue that Air Kruise used would probably have been constant throughout their fleet.

Correct! I have built an Air Kruise Dragon Rapide using the S&M decal sheet which has dark blue trim.