Hawker Typhoon IB Airfix 1/72.

Hello my friends;

I finished my last model in this weekend. It's is a new simple Airfix mold. I did modifications including a lot of adds:

- CMK engine;

- Seat, wheels, control surfaces, exhaust by resins Aires and Quickboost;

- PE interior and flaps by Brengun;

- Master Pl cannons and;

- Tail wheel scratched.

I built a simple base too.

I had doubt about the insignias diameters (upper wing surfaces), but even so I ended up using the Airfix decals. I had no options here.

The mark is No. 266 Squadron, 2nd Tactical Air Force, Holland and Germany April/May 1944.

IMG_6862 IMG_6863

IMG_6875

IMG_6876

IMG_6884

IMG_6887 IMG_6889

IMG_6890

Cheers;

• Like 63
  • Thanks 6

Outstanding! - Had you not said it was 72nd scale I would have thought it was a much larger scale

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

What a beauty! Very impressive.

The wing roundels are fine too - there were variations in size, but the smaller ones seem to have been quite common.

• Like 1

I'm in awe. Minute detail, beautiful paint work, an excellent diorama. It just doesn't get any better than that in any scale and this is 1/72!

• Like 1

Excellent model.  Do not worry about the wing roundels; when 2ndTAF added yellow (outer) and white (inner) rings to the wing roundels on all their aircraft in January 1945, some featured the original (large) wing roundels modified, others had the original wing roundels painted out and new roundels (the same size and style as the fuselage roundels) painted in their place.  The Airfix designer had access to photos of ZH-Q RB478 which confirm that it had the smaller wing roundels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you guys. Thank you very much for the compliments and tips.
It's very important to receive your tips.
About the roundels in the wings: I am happy to know that they are correct! Thank you Airfix designers!

Thank you all!

Cheers;