1/72 P-3B Orion - Argentina

So with two helicopters finished today I was inspired by @Bell209 (Rob) to try and finished off yet another P-3 that had been sitting next to the bench for some time (so I could start another down the track :D ), I started it back in October 2016. Its the one on the left in this shot (yes I have more than one P-3 variant waiting to be finished!). AS you can see it was well advance, I even went tot eh trouble of rescribing it. I stalled on the masking as I usually do.
50083027212_c09cc40c76_b.jpg

And here it is tonight after some attention, the clear parts masked (yeah!)
50082202108_8e460c85fc_b.jpg

Gear doors fitted and pitot probes and weapon bay vent mast also added. I need to check refs to see if any other protrusions need to be added prior to a trip to the paint shop.
50082202048_9cda9e36d3_b.jpg

These are the decals I am using.
50082784756_4d085e3eff_b.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Graeme H said:

You are a machine on these builds Ray, I can't keep up, do like the look of the Argie one though, something with a bit of colour.

Cheers Graeme, I am easily bored and chop and change between them. Occasionally I finish one or two when I am in the mood!

• Like 1

RAY: that's looking really sharp, especially with the colorful national flag colors on the rudder in contrast to the camo scheme.  It looks like you'll be doing some touch-up in some areas between the upper and lower colors, especially by the tail.  Brush or airbrush for touch-up?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

RAY: that's looking really sharp, especially with the colorful national flag colors on the rudder in contrast to the camo scheme.  It looks like you'll be doing some touch-up in some areas between the upper and lower colors, especially by the tail.  Brush or airbrush for touch-up?

remask and airbrush TJK

That's looking very good. The attention to little details, the very nice paint work and the not-the-usual markings identifies this as something special.

• Like 1

Great stuff, I have one in the stash started as a CP-140 which I really should kick back into production especially as I am now working on the real thing so would have a field day with references!

Looking forward to seeing more of this!

Bob

• Like 1

I like it so much you do it, everything starts to look nice.                   

best regards

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:14 PM, stevehnz said:

Looks good Ray, nice to see one in a different scheme. Are these Dekl's back to front markings, if so any tips for them?

Steve.

Cheers chaps,

Yes Steve, these are a back to front DekLs sheet. I use micro Sol and Set when applying them and lay down the white backing decals and allow to dry first before applying the colour top decals.

The good news is the Mr DekLs (Derek) has invested in a 'normal' printer and not longer sells the reverse sheets.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kev67 said:

Looking good, it looks like you have described it, as I remember it had raised panel lines

Thanks Kev, yes the kit has raised panel lines and in a fit of madness rescribed it.

One sweet Orion, Ray! Really looks great in those colors and markings, too. Can't wait to see her on her landing gear...bet you had to pack in a lot of nose weight, but at least there is plenty of space for it! I can only imagine the work put into rescribing all that plastic; I have always wanted to do one, but the work needed to make the wheel bays look anything like the real article put me off- that, and not buying the etched wheel bay upgrade set when it was still available.

Mike

• Like 1