1/16 1/18 GARAGE FOR RC TANK VILLAGE.

Over the past few weeks I have been working on a open style oldie garage/mechanic garage to go with a workshed for our clubs RC tank/vehicle display village.

Due to lockdown and me in a shielded state 99% of the bits have been scratch made from old dolls house pieces or spares and bits bin items. The only item bought was the fuel pump and this was stripped and repainted and weathered.

Here are some shots of the build, the base taking shape and then pipe work, with a workbench made and various other bits, I also made a air-pump.

More to come...

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

• Like 5

Great stuff Eddie.

You can't beat a nice sturdy wooden table to work on.  Loving the pipe-work and the air-pump. The icing on the cake though is the Hobgoblin beer in the fuel pump!:clap:

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Great stuff Eddie.

You can't beat a nice sturdy wooden table to work on.  Loving the pipe-work and the air-pump. The icing on the cake though is the Hobgoblin beer in the fuel pump!:clap:

Rearguards,

Badder

Yeah, the pump is a still 😃 I wanted that slightly yellow colour for fuel but had no yellow clear, so made some using a green and a orange and got a slight tinge to it-thought, superb that will do...er, no...forgot the base was red so it shows up as orange-my excuse is that it is coloured diesel. Glad you like the stuff so far!

UPDATE.

Roof on-I used real fine sand attached with PVA, weathered it all. The crane is parts left over from when I did the gantry crane, these were cit down and modified by using plasticard and tubing with other parts from spares bin., found a kaput motor so it looks like the winch works via electric and the electrical connections housed in a plasticard box.

The air pump fitted and this and the pipework have all been weathered.

I made a oldie fire extinguisher from a toy fire extinguisher and turned it upside down, drilled it out and added a wheel, the housing for it is a large picture frame hanger, opened up and filed out.    

The sign is made from plasticard off cuts with lights made from 1/16 Tiger 1 suspension arms, inhaler parts and model boat nav lights, I found a wheel hub and made the fuel pump and spanner from plasticard.

Not much more to do...unless I find stuff to add...which I normally do.

Edited by eddiesolo
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Very nice and a good use of bits and bobs. You'll probably need a dustbin and some shelving?

Yeah, I have a small drum so that's the dustbin sorted, just need to make some shelves then. 

Glad you like it Pete.

• Like 1