Junkers F.13 - Revell 1/72 kit with minor touches

7 hours ago, Courageous said:

Another great build. Still amazed at the thickness of those wings.

Stuart 

Thanks Stuart!

Yes, I guess that, being one of the first truly cantilever wings, perhaps their calculations allowed for some generous margin, as all the supporting structure was inside the wing.

5 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Moa,

sterling build of a great Precursor! One of those aircraft that shaped the future of aeronautics.

I nonetheless cringed at the main airframe color and my liver has started hurting without any prior warning...

Superb, color notwithstanding, but history should never be re-written....

JR

Thanks JR

I agree, that Lemon Yellow pierces the eye of the mind.

A bit too festive for what it's usually perceived and/or characterized as a sober German slant on things, but still, the purpose in the original was attained: it did no go unnoticed!

Call me Mellow Yellow

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Moa said:

Thanks Stuart!

Yes, I guess that, being one of the first truly cantilever wings, perhaps their calculations allowed for some generous margin, as all the supporting structure was inside the wing.

Yes it was. 

40034349003_b7d24c071a_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Moa said:

Thanks for your kind words.

I am told (just a rumor, of course) that BM will be sending a personal transport (some Gulfstream, Learjet or other) to fetch me here at LAX and take me to the next display.

I have requested to be lodged at the Milestone in Kensington, where I run some time ago a long bar tab. Excellent selection!

I declined the Knighthood they offered me, of course, being a monk and such, and having to shun the mundane (but planes and drink are divine, so I am safe).

Send that rumor to pick me up at DFW on the way to the UK. A visit to the home of the patron saint of 1/72 modeling (James Hay Stevens) accompanied by a Modeling Monk is exactly what I need. And I am not averse to accepting a knighthood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Send that rumor to pick me up at DFW on the way to the UK. A visit to the home of the patron saint of 1/72 modeling (James Hay Stevens) accompanied by a Modeling Monk is exactly what I need. And I am not averse to accepting a knighthood.

If you are willing, we could traverse the Third World (that is Yorkshire, my wife's place of birth), and jump over Hadrian's Wall (It's been proven long ago that walls don't do much in terms of barring, but it's hard to explain that to an orange ignoramus) to get to Scotland too.

It's unfortunate though that we may not be able to dine at Kitchin in Edinburgh. We had one of the best meals of our stay there.

But hey, a good Full British Breakfast* gives you enough stamina to pull through a month of modeling.

*Did you know that the Great Britons have stolen the blood sausage from the Argentinians? In South America it's called morcilla, but was cheekily rebranded in the islands as "Black Pudding". The gall!

P/S: what about a bit of a detour towards Islay?

• Haha 1

Just to clarify points for those who may not understand.  Hadrian's Wall isn't in Yorkshire, but in Cumbria and Northumberland (strictly, also in "Tyne and Wear"). Both sides of it.  Scotland is further north.  (If not a lot on the Cumbrian side).  Popular history has a lot to answer for,