Aoshima Beemax BMW M3 Rally Car

Well saved on the glass it looks a great deal better! I've just bought an 'already started' 1/32 Mini WRC with a broken front screen! Luckily I had too get some new nail boards and they came in a clear plastic pack. I stuck the screen back together, used it as a template cut round it taped to the clear plastic sheet and hey presto a new screen! I use Micro Gloss plastic polish that's in a small bottle that comes with a pack of small square Emory pads of various strengths. Just a spot of the polish on a cotton bud cleans off glue marks on plastic windows.   

• Like 2

Just found this thread Gary, and have to say the car is looking great! I've got this one to do one day but bought the Beemax detail up set to get the Bastos decals. Then found I had an aftermarket sheet in the decal stash...!! :doh: I have to say I hadn't really looked through the kit properly so didn't realise so many rally parts were missing!

With regard to those Hiroboy masks, I had the same problem (though admittedly not so bad) with a set I used on my current ''in progress'' DTM Calibra, and I removed them no later than the day after I sprayed the windows. I've seen a number of builds on line where the modeller has had the same problem so it seems it's a commom thing. I use IPA to remove residue like this too, but you have to be careful if you use acrylic paint to paint the windows as it'll take that off as well and you have to start again. No, of course I've never done that.....!! :whistle: 🤣

And I agree with the others that cotton trick for painting suspension bits is ace, thanks for sharing!

Keith

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s down to final details on the M3 now . Decals are all on and clear coated . The car has only one wiper , early rally M3s had only one , but I reckon this particular version should have two . Another touring  car throw back . The mirrors are cool , and my research shows the same mirrors were also used on Prodrives Subaru Impreza 555 later in the 90s . It’s interesting what you discover when you look so closely at pictures for reference. The finishing touch will be two tiny BMW badges on the nose and boot lid , a rally plate and a sump guard I made from clear plastic, which I bordered with aluminium paint to highlight it better . 
50363542173_6d542a104f_c_d.jpg

Wheels on and sump guard in place . 
50364239816_2ba9c53838_c_d.jpg

Wheel and tyre detail . 
50363542098_596bf67360_c_d.jpg

Nearly done preview shot .

50364239931_93e4148493_c_d.jpg

That’s it for WIP s , Ready for Inspection next . 
Thanks for following , I’ve enjoyed this build . 
 Gary . 

• Like 6