Hi everyone

This is my 1/72 Merlin HC.3 by Italeri. This was a beautifully detailed kit of a beautiful aircraft. The panel line where nice and it had realistic raised rivets covering most of the model apart from the underside. It had a Very nice fit and required barely any filler.

The inside was lacking detail, so I created the texture on the walls out of an old metal takeaway container. I created the texture by running the back of the hobby knife to create small lines. I painted it in RC027 Forest green.

The decals conformed well to details and where nice and thin. I decided to buy AK panel liner and odourless thinner to try weathering with oil paints. This attempt went better than last time when my thinner removed the pain. I then sealed it in a matt varnish.  

Thanks for looking

y4mk55SPkgR824pdO_vxvydpBOlIckCYkK9fcVsJy4myp-EsrUui_-saL5-cxox-AX75g-JiYhtGFCXGy4mt7wLFMBQYiAWUZH3yeVPHJggM2GJycmDY6cSZy4m3Z-SwQNzBeEN6cYnGBqaFInH2T_HEZMUPFOwfy4mB1H8wAUS3Z5359NGmqDL0Ky-Js_NJtLw5_oKv

• Like 32

Mighty fine looking helicopter you have there. Thanks for letting us know about the ease of assembly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic job. I've been telling myself that my 1/72 Italeri Wessex will look OK "within the limitations of the scale", but I see this and realise I have no excuse!

• Thanks 1

Hello Andrew,

Job well done. Indeed, good to hear your comments on the construction of this Italeri helicopter.

Regards, Orion

• Thanks 1