Focke Wulf Ta-152C

Almost/possibly/maybe a 'what if'.  The Ta-152H definitely saw service, but it's less certain that the Ta-152C saw any action before the end of the war, although the story goes that two of them were indeed delivered to JG301 in time to see combat.  Who knows.  Anyway, this is my take on the Ta-152C, using the 'C-11' kit from Hobby Boss and painted in JG301 colours.  The kit went together pretty well and was painted with Vallejo model air colours - RLM 82/83 upper, RLM 76 lower surfaces and matt clear.  All the markings/insignia are Montex masks, so no decals apart from on the undercarriage legs.  Light panel line wash and some light exhaust smoke with oils.  Could probably have gone heavier on the oil smoke, given the quality of German aviation fuel supplies at the time, but there's always next time. Hope you like - comments welcome :) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 21

17 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Nice job! The masks for the markings seem to have worked really well. And that was quick too, you were only recently asking about colour choices for it!

The masks worked really well - a lot easier than decals ;) 

The only 'issue' is that this particular mask set is intended for the C-series prototypes - as opposed to in-service aircraft, so the hakenkreuz and balkenkreuz are smaller than they would have been on an operational aircraft.  

• Like 1

Lovely build , very nice finish ! Camouflage looks more like 81/82 than 82/83 so Vallejo might have got their numbers

mixed up.

Wulfman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulfman said:

Lovely build , very nice finish ! Camouflage looks more like 81/82 than 82/83 so Vallejo might have got their numbers

mixed up.

Wulfman

Thanks!  I know what you mean about the colours - the 83 does look very brown.  I also have their RLM 81 - which is even more brown.. ;) 

Might take a look what other options are out there before I build something else which needs a similar scheme...