Airbrush Indecision

MajorCalloway

Good man, stick in there. In a wee while 'twill soon be like second nature.

After all airbrushing cannot be that difficult as even I have manged to become moderately adequate at it, well most of the time.

It went okay this eve! After practicing on paper and cd without problems I was emboldened enough to try it out on a model. The white Corvette Roadster probably wasn’t the best choice on my light grey primer as I couldn’t see it going on very well, but it was fairly trouble free in the end. I just kept the mantra air on, paint on, paint off, air off and if I occasionally forgot the paint off bit I restarted air on away from the model.

Edited by MajorCalloway
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I just saw this thread, but it seems like you are happy with your purchase.  Congrats!  As for your old Paasche, you may want to contact their customer service to see if the airbrush can be "revived".  Paasche's customer service is first rate in my experience.  It's always nice to have a spare airbrush "hack" around for larger jobs that don't require much finesse.  You never know but it might be pretty cheap to bring it back into working order.

The Paashe H is easily re-built, I've just refurbished a tatty example that I found on t'bay. All parts are available as spares. The Allen key size is 2mm. As others have said, a spare 'brush is worthwhile to have around, even if its only used for primer.

Two airbrushes with different size nozzles are a tremendous help. I use 0.5mm for primer, base coat, metallic, and clear coat. I use 0.3mm for smaller jobs with the preceding and everything else. Quick disconnects enable easy switching between them.

• 4 weeks later...