Airfix 1/32 MG 1100 Saloon (M7C)

My build of the Airfix 1/32 MG 1100 Saloon (M7C)

MG_1100_32_2020_GB_034.JPG

MG_1100_32_2020_GB_033.JPG

MG_1100_32_2020_GB_035.JPG

MG_1100_32_2020_GB_036.JPG

MG_1100_32_2020_GB_037.JPG

MG_1100_32_2020_GB_038.JPG

This was built for the ATF 14th Anniversary Group Build. You can read about this build here.

That is all for now

Dave

• Like 19

Thank you, Keith 👍

This particular build has been painted with Alclad 2 Lacquers. For the orange colour it is ALC-704 Candy Orange Enamel sprayed on top of a ALC-701 Bright Silver Candy Base. The chrome is ALC-107 Chrome painted on a ALC-305 Gloss Black Base.

Dave

Nice work, that looks really good and it's not obvious just how small the model must be.  I saw a real MG 1100 today at the lovely little motor museum at Bourton on the Water.

Thanks John. 👍

The model is only 4.5 " (11 cm) long. My Samsung Galaxy S9 phone is half an inch bigger all round!

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks Steve  👍

A couple more photos to give you an idea of how small the Airfix 1/32 MG 1100 Saloon is:
MG_1100_32_2020_GB_039.JPG

Sitting on my phone:
MG_1100_32_2020_GB_040.JPG

Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Only the original Mini Keith, not the abomination that flies under a BMW flag today! Even the original is huge compared to this though.

Dave

• Like 1

My Mum has an immaculate one in British racing green colour. My uncle bought it for £50 at auction as it was sold as a non runner as no one could start it and it was a push through. My uncle was a motor engineer and it was In too good a condition for there to be a problem. After purchase it took him 20 minutes to find the hidden home made immobiliser switch!

Lovely model and super paint job

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

A good car for the day, apart from chronic wire worm. Rusted from the inside out. The box section that supported the back seat also held the rear subframe.

Lift the carpets and the floor (if it still existed) would be soaking wet and well perforated. Lots of repair panels welded into those things. The estate you could drop the seats like a Maxi, and make a double bed.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

The estate you could drop the seats like a Maxi, and make a double bed.

And Benty Old Chap how did you discover that and with whom? :wicked:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JohnT said:

And Benty Old Chap how did you discover that and with whom? :wicked:

A couple I knew had one, many moons ago. :tease:. I drove one a few times but never owned one. With a brother in the trade, I knew better than buy one.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Lift the carpets and the floor (if it still existed)

Ah memories! My first car was an Austin version. Bought during a very hot June - the month I passed my test. Come a few days of heavy rain a few weeks later and a funny smell developed inside. Which turned out to be the passenger floor consisting of some mouldy 1/2 inch plywood and some even mouldier Daily Mirrors...!! 🤣

At least you won't have that problem Dave!

2 hours ago, davecov said:

not the abomination that flies under a BMW flag today

What the MAXI MINI you mean??!! Wouldn't give one garage space (there's no room with our 79 1275GT in there anyway! :)

K

• Like 1

So I wasn't alone in having an 1100 with no floor? 🤣 

Maggie the Morris (1100) was my first car and a right rust bucket she was, my dad picked her for me and I think he was so embarrassed by his decision that he would spend anything to keep her on the road. The body rot was so bad she  finished up with a fibreglass flip front (remember them?) and at that point we decided enough was enough, sold her to what must have been a blind man for £40 who wrote her off two days later by jumping an intersectIon and getting T boned, there was filler and rust all over place apparently.

Still you never forget your first do you?

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coors54 said:

Still you never forget your first do you?

Nope - and I was 'persuaded' to buy mine because it had twin SU carbs fitted & a 6ft long (tall?) fibreglass whip aerial (remember them? :) ) which was pointless as the previous owner had taken the radio out! Despite it's faults I loved driving that car, and if I could find one in a condition like Dave's lovely little Airfix MG I'd buy it in a heartbeat...!! 

Keith

• Like 2