Airfix 1/32 Sunbeam Rapier III (M1C)

My build of the Airfix 1/32 Sunbeam Rapier III (M1C)

Sunbeam_Rapier_III_32_2020_GB_029.JPG

Sunbeam_Rapier_III_32_2020_GB_030.JPG

Sunbeam_Rapier_III_32_2020_GB_031.JPG

Sunbeam_Rapier_III_32_2020_GB_032.JPG

Sunbeam_Rapier_III_32_2020_GB_033.JPG

Sunbeam_Rapier_III_32_2020_GB_034.JPG

Sunbeam_Rapier_III_32_2020_GB_035.JPG

This was built for the ATF 14th Anniversary Group Build. You can read about this build here.

That is all for now

Dave

• Like 17

And another cracker! I really am enjoying seeing all your builds of these Airfix classics, and I know it's been said many times, but it would be great if Airfix were able to release even some of them in the 'classics' range like they're doing with AFV's and aircraft...

Lovely little Sunbeam!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks lads. 👍

It was an enjoyable build as it brings back so many memories for me as I can remember my late father building one in the Sixties. I have another one in my stash and that will be built later this year.

Dave

• Like 1

The Rapier was a nice looking car in its day and this model shows what can be done with the old Airfix car kits.

Funnily enough I still have a roof moulding in my spares box. Must have made a convertible version of the Rapier way back when it was available.

My very first car was a Hillman Minx 3B saloon that shared many body parts with the more sporty Rapier (although the Rapier was a Coupe).

I think that there was a Singer Gazelle saloon version of the Minx and Rapier Basically a posher car with wood dash and leather seats etc. if I remember.

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Like 1