Airfix 1/32 Vauxhall 2000 Estate (M302C)

2 minutes ago, davecov said:

The builder was not John, Cliff. It was yours truly.😉

Dave

Sorry Dave (I've no idea who John is)!

Cheers

Love that . Never seen this kit although I remember the Custom Car types series you mentioned  . Airfix were up against it in the Custom Car kit market with AMT , Revell and Monogram producing some really very good Hot Rod / Custom car kits . Mate had a FD Victor saloon with front bench seats and column change .

Well done !

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:33 AM, Timn said:

3.3 out of a Ventora

We had ( shift storeman's really  ) a RAF Bedford TJ Tipper truck with that engine  in on Role equipment at Brize Norton in 1973 , went like stuff off a shovel . Used to do laps of the airfield V 3 Bedford TKs , Bedford  RL , Austin Ju crew bus ,Bantam Garbage truck ,flat top and drop side . Last one in at Britannia Line Squadron paid for the Doughnuts ! TJ never came in last . Storeman would be going nuts looking for his lost steed !

That is lovely, but from the side I would have sworn it was a Cortina Mk3 with its coke-bottle curves.

would be interested to know how you manage to dismantle it - was the old (non-liquid) poly-cement used? in which case maybe you could break  the parts apart.

One way of dismantling an old car is to stick it in a freezer bag and put in the freezer for 24 hours. It makes the glue brittle and easier to break the joins. However, in this case I didn't do that as the polystyrene glue hadn't been applied very well. It was easy to separate most of the parts with little force but where they didn't come apart easily, I either left them glued (as in the engine or suspension parts) or used a scalpel. Then after 24 hours in a freezer bag of Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner to strip the paint off the result was this:

spacer.png

It was then a simple case of putting it together again!

Dave

• Like 4