Artillery tactical colours, Western Desert

Stefaan

Hi Guys.
Pls see the document below.
I am trying to find the colours for the codes. I am specifically interested in the Code EB as in the junior battery.
It looks like the B may be in yellow.
It was found on a Quad tractor for a 25 pounder.
The E may be black or blue.
Does anybody know what those colours may be??
Thx
Stefaan

Brian Conyngham.2 Quad EB.

FAT-Markings -02 (002)

Can only guess, but on the assumption that is a Stag's head marking of 22nd Armoured Brigade - the artillery battery assigned to them adopted this marking, which is usually depicted in red.  So probably B is also red, while E is blue, since battery formations used a combined red/blue AoS tactical markings?

regards,

Jack

Thank you William for the correction, my sources are are lean to say the least, when it comes to SA vehicle markings.  Even online searches I find no official use of the Sprinbok as a vehicle marking during World War II.  Would you happen to have a date for said photo?

A wiki entry on the SA 1st Infantry Division has an interesting OOB for Oct. 1942.  If I'm reading the above linked chart correctly, the EB marking found in the Junior battery Regiment can also be considered the third battery?  There is such a unit listed at the bottom of 2nd South African Infantry Brigade Brig. W.H.E. Poole:

1st, 3rd and 14th Field Batteries of 1st Field Regt SA Artillery Corps

In the end, I'd still go with same order of colours as described in my first response.

regards,

Jack

Yep, that is what we accepted it to be.

I  was not sure about the colours of EB, as it does not have a red or blue square as background.

Started to change my Quad to represent another vehicle so will not use this marking.

Thx

Stefaan