Revell 1/48 Sikorsky CH-53G

That is some seriously good scratchbuilding, really top work.

Try no to get too caught up with creating details that will never be seen again once the fuselage halves are joined together, frees up more time to get the fit of things sorted and do the painting the justice that it deserves.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 7:48 PM, modelling minion said:

Try no to get too caught up with creating details that will never be seen again once the fuselage halves are joined together, frees up more time to get the fit of things sorted and do the painting the justice that it deserves.

So true! I’m desperate to make some progress that justifies a post in here. I look back though my posts and it’s like a spot the difference competition.

Not had much time this week and what I have had has been spent fitting and filing the new deck and cockpit bulkhead. Just doesn’t seem to want to fit.

I have added some of the padding (still don’t know what it is - soundproofing?) stuff to the two sides of the cockpit bulkhead, a couple of air vents behind the pilots and started adding some cable looms at the rear of the instrument panel.

59-ED3099-D829-4-DF4-BEEC-D2698-F4676-B7

My next task is really to devise a step by step plan to getting the halves joined and the biggest challenge remains the troop seating. I shall make a start on that now.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I did not get this anywhere near to completion. I guess I broke my own brief if OOB and bit off way more than I could chew. Despite the great encouragement from everyone who commented and liked, the difficulties of scratch building compounded by an upturn in business at work, some DIY projects in the house, two weekends away and a lot of focus on preparing for a new family addition in December, it was not meant to be.

I haven’t given up though and I will get it done eventually and I think I’ll start a WIP up in the aircraft modelling section.

Thanks again to all who supported my efforts. Group builds rule!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...