Revell 1998 Pontiac Ram Air Trans Am

This is my first real out of box build. I had been working on a Pro Stock Maverick for around 5 months and needed a break from it to just get something completed. I've been wanting to build this car for the last few years and figured that now might be a good time to break it out. There's not much in the way of AM for this kit so it was the perfect one to do an OOB build on. The only things that were added was an "AC Delco" decal on the oil filter, a Hot Rod Magazine in the passengers from seat with a picture of an older T/A on the cover and I robbed the dual outlet exhaust pipes from the Revell 2000 Camaro SS kit. Just couldn't build this car with the single outlet exhaust system like it came from the factory with.

The kit wasn't too bad but there were several fit issues with it starting with the chassis to body assembly. For some reason the glue adhesion didn't set up right at the rear of the car resulting in a slight twist. I made some bracing that went from the body down to the chassis and glued that in place to suck the chassis up on the side that got the lower part of the twist. Flash and mold lines were TERRIBLE on this thing. I spent ALOT of time getting rid of those and still didn't get them all. The front and rear facias fit great during the test fit and didn't want to cooperate at all during the assembly process. I got them as close as I could without disassembling the whole friggin' car to straighten everything out. Once I got the chassis sucked up in the back on the drivers side to where it was supposed to be I noticed that now there was a gap between the engine throttle body and the molded in intake duct on the body. I ended up cutting a piece of plastic and carving it to fit the gap there. The only other thing that I did with this car that needed to be done was that I lowered it about a scale inch or so all the way around to give it a more aggressive stance.

Anyways....here are the finished shots...….and now....back to the Maverick!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

On 7/5/2020 at 1:44 PM, Mr Mansfield said:

Nicely detailed engine bay & the colour for the interior is spot on!

Thanks Mr Mansfield. Had a really good time with this build. No add-ons.....no aftermarket. Just straight up build.

• Like 1

Looks really good - nice clean build. As much as I couldn't see myself owning a real one, I would like to build some of the 80s/90s Camaros and Trans Ams that were so common when I was growing up. Hopefully Monogram/Revell will reissue a few.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gt6mkiii said:

Looks really good - nice clean build. As much as I couldn't see myself owning a real one, I would like to build some of the 80s/90s Camaros and Trans Ams that were so common when I was growing up. Hopefully Monogram/Revell will reissue a few.

'Preciate the kind words gt. If I had the chance and one of these became available for the right price I'd jump all over it. These cars were a lot of fun to drive. I'm just like you on the cars that were common growing up and building them in scale. Hopefully Monogram/ Revell will indeed re-issue some of those.