HpH 1/48 B-36H SAC Part 1 Addendum

What a truly incredible end result you got from your adventure with this kit! Super detailed. Superbly built. Magnificent in every way.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Captain Crash and the crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt up against the gate. At no time in history has a passenger beaten a plane to the gate. So please don’t even try. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we’ll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal.

As you exit the plane, please make sure to sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants.

Please do not leave children or spouses. Also please be careful opening the overhead bins because shift happens.

😂😂😂 I'm guessing Southwest is the origin of this, heard similar from my time in easyJet when it was a fun airline. 

Can't say anything to really do your amazing build justice. I've followed the build, been constantly impressed by your skills and the finished work is fantastic, all there is to say. 

Great job Loren and Happy 4th July 👍

You're absolutely right Sir. It had snapped off as I was attaching the wings. And stuck it back on while balancing three things at once :footy:It has been corrected. Thanks!

• Like 1

Wow, very impressive. That thing must be quite a behemot, hope you have enough storage space. I guess "little project" is quite an understatement when looking at your WIP but I'm sure this B-36 is an impressive centerpiece of your collection from now on :worthy:

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Shorty84 said:

Wow, very impressive. That thing must be quite a behemot, hope you have enough storage space. I guess "little project" is quite an understatement when looking at your WIP but I'm sure this B-36 is an impressive centerpiece of your collection from now on :worthy:

Cheers

Markus

Thank you Markus😁Weighing in around a little over 4 1/2 kilos(just under 10lbs) I had to rethink the hook for the ceiling. The only place it could go. Even there it takes up a lot of area. I doubt I will ever build anything larger,unless it's something I can fly myself. But first need to repair minor damage from moving around to take photos. Luckily the wings are removable. So everything is back in their cradles temporarily.

• Like 1

Now that is stupidly large but beautifully done. I like the bombload, particularly - though why you'd need two Grand Slam conventional bombs with what looks to be a multi-megaton special weapon, I don't know! Great work.

• Thanks 1

Spectacular! Congratulations on an epic result from an epic build.I bet it was a thrill to put it together and realise just how big it is.

It's good to max out your modelling sometimes. I predict you will want to build something very small next...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bell209 said:

Now that is stupidly large but beautifully done. I like the bombload, particularly - though why you'd need two Grand Slam conventional bombs with what looks to be a multi-megaton special weapon, I don't know! Great work.

Thanks Bell209. Honestly I didn't want to have an empty rear Bay and the kit with four tall boys. Is this a load by the book? Probably not especially with a 20 megaton in the front but I like to think they just wanted to be prepared.🙄 Also at the time I didn't have enough resin to have do a second mk17 when I came up with the idea.

• Haha 2

Excellent, superlative work, my friend! A real tribute to your building and painting skills. 

A friend of mince once saw a B-36 landing at a UK airbase. He said the noise was nearly ear-drum bursting. Not something you would forget in a hurry.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.  

• Thanks 1

What an amazing acomplishment!  Beautifully built and I must say I was wondering if we would ever see one of these big birds actually built and posted here.  Just wonderful to see this.

• Thanks 1

From a heavy duty hook already installed in the ceiling and 30lb test line. Of course, if it falls it'll probably kill someone. Me   😜

• Thanks 1