1:24 Ford Model T Fire Engine from ICM

Just for a change I decided to build something that wasn't Sci Fi or military and since I've had this kit in the stash since it was released a couple of years ago I thought I'd give it a bash!

DSC_4371.JPG

The most complex part of the build was caused by my decision to use Alclad to paint the brass pieces, so they all had to be separated out from the main body which meant I had to ignore the assembly sequence in the instructions. That said it was a much simpler build that my two most recent models which took 6 weeks and 1 month respectively to build, this took just about a week :)

DSC_4402.JPG

DSC_4401.JPG

I added the 'leather' straps restraining the ladder as there was nothing in the kit, the ladders just sit in the brackets which means they'll fall out as soon as it turns a corner! I used strips of painted Tamiya masking tape plus a PE buckle left over from a 1:32 Spitfire seat harness. 

DSC_4400.JPG

I added some decals from the spares box to the 'dials' on the back of the water tanks

DSC_4399.JPG

I added decals from the spares box for the dials behind the water tanks

DSC_4398.JPG

DSC_4397.JPG

It was a fun little build in contrast to the much more complex things I've built recently. Next on the bench is the Hasegawa kit of the Hittachi Vibratory Tandem Roller!

• Like 22

Really nicy done. I built the version that came with the crew earlier this year. Its a great little kit but the nasty gold plating on the lamps and radiator was a real pig to remove though. I never even thought about adding straps for the ladder!

Regards,

Steve

6 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Really nicy done. I built the version that came with the crew earlier this year. Its a great little kit but the nasty gold plating on the lamps and radiator was a real pig to remove though. I never even thought about adding straps for the ladder!

Regards,

Steve

Mine didn't have plating, that must be a recent addition, but yes I always strip that stuff off and do my own!

9 hours ago, dnl42 said:

This looks quite good! :thumbsup:

Does there appear to be a pump on it? I wonder how this worked?

That did also occur to me, no sign of a pump mechanism. Maybe they thought it was so concealed not to bother.

• Like 1